New to Antwerp - Want to learn Dutch

Hallo Expats,
Though late but wish you all a Happy New Year.
New to Antwerp/Belgium, here for some long term Business assignments love the place, weather and specially people here who are very friendly.

Was wondering if any help in learning Dutch for local conversation is available.

Contact Huis van het Nederlands who can match you up with a language course according to you level. You will find once you are past the most basic stages (usually level 2.1) you could join a language group / group (converstatietafel)

nt2antwerpen.be/

Yeah the courses by them are ok perhaps some what slow but they start from scratch. I take lessions from them but in gent.

As well as the lessons conversational groups they also organise a host of activities

Hallo Schoolmum and hannahhadman,
Thanks a lot for your prompt replies and help, but this Huis Van Het (In locality where I live, America-lei)is only Open 9.30 to 4.00 pm and Weekend closed, and being a working professional can't make it within that time frame.

So looking for other option and helps.

Good night

You could always call them perhaps. Then they could tell you there courses or tell you others maybe

Huis van Het Nederlands is a central point for information for other language providers, they can tell you what courses run in the evenings.

@danup...i took some courses in Nederlands...you can try the organization called Atlas at Carnostraat...they offer evening courses which worked good for me.

You have to give a small exam at there office...ask for an early appointment and then they will direct you to a school near where you stay...for me the closest was suddermanstraat near groenplaats.

Have fun....you will enjoy it...

Cheers,

Sanjay

hi danup,

this is the website of the language center of the university of antwerp
linguapolis.be . it's expensive but it's really good , i am following courses there and and i am very happy with their methodology and the way the organise things in general. the courses goes really fast and is really concentrated to the language.

you can also check with your employer if you are entitle of cevora classes
cevora.be . it's an organization which gives trainings to belgian employees.

cheers

Hello taratatzoum, ausanjay, 81noes and all other who have put their time and efforts for replying and helping me out.
I am exploring all the possible options and this Linguapolis looks really good and flexible (after Office hours).

Thanks a ton!
Anup

I am not sure I agree with your assessment of Linguapolis.

I took the lesson there and It was an awful experience:

- the university is not organized, the secretariat so unfriendly and I would say at times, extremely rude. You are by yourself, no assistance is provided to the minimum level.

- the course is designed to aggravate you with the Dutch language, a lot of people expressed disgust from the lack of understanding manifested both by the teachers and the direction. They have no clue of linguistic approach ...they just give it you till you feel like vomiting ...it make me sick and gave up...
- thanks to a friend push, now am taking my course on a private level and I feel the language is so not difficult and easy to learn..that is not the impression Linguapolis gives you...

Linguapolis is a nightmare!

Hi

When I was looking somewhere to learn dutch someone send me the link below.. I haven't register yet but soon

uct.ugent.be/

thanks,
an9ela

there are 1000s of places to learn Dutch, use Huis van het Nederlands to find the locations.