Hi all

My name Tayseer i am in Riyadh from 3 years and i would like to know good friends from any nationality to exchange idea's and make some fun and playing soccer game and bing-bong and many things,

hello... how are u

I am fine thank you Gabicape

welcome is not suitable I think because you've been here for 3 years already. I'd say you now know the twists and turns of this place. But welcome to expat-blog :)

Hope you are having a great time/fun :P

Welcome to the community tayseer with 2 r's.

Just kidding!

thank superman

It's "ping pong" ...where are you from?

NJEXPAT wrote:

It's "ping pong" ...where are you from?

There is no 'p' sound in Arabic.  The Arabs pronounce it like a 'b' and so spell it the same way.

:)

Yea, I know. My mother still speaks like that even though she's been in the States for over 30 years. lol

One of my colleagues (an accoutant) BAYS all our vendors in time. That's what he writes in his emails at least.... :)

Classic joke about the Saudi who drives his car onto a lot and asks the attendant if he can 'bark' there.  Sure, go right ahead:  WOOF! WOOF!

:lol::lol:

Sorry for this mistake looooooooooool I am Jordanian :D

No need apologizing mate. We keeep enjoying chit-chats here. :)

A Warm Welcome to expat-blog. :cheers:

tayseerrr wrote:

No problem!  We knew what you were saying :)

tayseerrr wrote:

lol...that's more of a reason of not speaking like that!! If you were egyptian then it would be expected to 'bronounce" p's as b's.

NJEXPAT wrote:

lol...that's more of a reason of not speaking like that!! If you were egyptian then it would be expected to 'bronounce" p's as b's.

Since this forum is multi-national, we don't go around correcting people's mistakes. I, for one, acknowledge that the non-native English speakers are doing a hell of a lot better than I can do in their language.

So, unless you want all the English teachers here to nitpick your writing (and you do have a grammatical error in your comment), I would suggest you stop correcting!  It's not in the spirit of what we do here.

Thanks.

watch your p's and b's...yeh some classic fun. any ways, I was talking to my arab friend about this and did not intend any fun. So i told him that some arab people have difficulty pronouncing the "p" sound. So he responded not all "beeble". then i went to a lecture about "New Born" - and yeh the lecture switched the p with the b. And a saudi lady really conscious about this, trying so hard to get it right, but each time she says "p" - hmmm u need an umbrella, lol...too much shower.

Alliecat wrote:
NJEXPAT wrote:

Since this forum is multi-national, we don't go around correcting people's mistakes. I, for one, acknowledge that the non-native English speakers are doing a hell of a lot better than I can do in their language.

So, unless you want all the English teachers here to nitpick your writing (and you do have a grammatical error in your comment), I would suggest you stop correcting!  It's not in the spirit of what we do here.

Thanks.

You need to relax  Alliecat. You're taking things personal.

NJEXPAT wrote:

You need to relax  Alliecat. You're taking things personal.

There's nothing personal about this since I'm a native born speaker and able to pronounce 'p.'  Like Imraan, I am more than willing to have a bit of fun (reference my joke about 'no barking') in general.  However,  drawing attention to tayseeer's errors was unnecessary.

BTW, you've another grammatical error lol

Come on NJEXPAT, dont spoil a good joke...i think fun is good as long as u do not offend any1. i love the barking joke. and any arab with a good sense of humour would love it too. laughter is man's best medicine (a saying). and u had to mention "If you were egyptian then it would be expected..."
a little too rough dude...think before you ink.

imraan007 wrote:

"If you were egyptian then it would be expected..."
a little too rough dude...think before you ink.

Yes,  that's the part that rubbed me wrong, too. I would hate to think that those with less than perfect English would stop commenting because they were self-conscious and/or afraid of being corrected.

The important thing to me now is who will play ping pong with me ? :D

tayseerrr wrote:

The important thing to me now is who will play ping pong with me ? :D

Wish I could! :)

A friend of mine appearing in an interview was asked , " What kind of bumbs are you handling currently". And he couldn't stop laughing :).

tayseerrr wrote:

My name Tayseer i am in Riyadh from 3 years and i would like to know good friends from any nationality to exchange idea's and make some fun and playing soccer game and bing-bong and many things,

Welcome Tayseerr :) What "many things" did you refer to ??