MOVING TO BEIJING

Hello Everybody,

My name is Joshua, and I will begin a one year contract teaching Kindergarten as of September 1st this year (2012). I am very excited for this to be happening and am hoping to network as much as possible to meet friends and get advice about the hottest restaraunts, night life. All that kind of great stuff.

I will be living near Lonze station and although it is not right downtown, I believe i will be near Wudaodkou which apparently has some good nightlife and good people. I will be working full time in, what I have been told, is a good community.

I plan on traveling after my one year in Bejing and possibly starting more teaching again after that. Who knows!

Anyways. Hope to hear from whoever soon!

Joshua

Good luck with your relocation to Beijing! :)

Prepare for the pollution, & getting around can be tricky, apart from that I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy your time here :)

Thanks a bunch for the info, I have heard much  about the pollution and transportation. I am sure I will get used to it!

Thanks again. take care

The subway is pretty easy to use & will get you to most places, but it does get crowded! Taxi's are cheap, but all speak Chinese so translation can be difficult (but funny at times)!

It's not all bad, yes the pollution can suck at times but when the sun is shining & the sky is blue Beijing can be beautiful!! Prepare for the hot weather too for when you arrive :)

I'm not sure the of the area that you will be, but Sanlitun is pretty good for nightlife etc, I'm a Mum to a 7yr old boy so don't get out too much, but I'm sure you will find friends & places to go out to easy enough!

Your area is choc a bloc with Uni students, if that's your cup of tea you'll be fine.