Looking for a job in Singapore, speak french, german and english

Hello together,

After 14 years as adviser and regional sale manager in Switzerland (finance and insurance) I need a new challenge in my personal and professionnal life.

After travelling five times with my wife through Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indoniesia) we would like to have an experience with living there. As I heard, Malaysia could be the "easiest" place to find a job as foreigner. Is that true?

Of course I'm not pretending finding a job like I'm having in Switzerland now, but I think someone could use my services as I speak perfectly french and german and quite good english (cambridge advanced exam).

Could maybe someone indicate me the best way to go to find job opportunities in Malaysia (or an other coutry like Singapore for exemple)?

Thank you very much!

Hi Swissguy78,

You should submit an advert in the Singapore classifieds > job section. Thank you and good luck.

wow. i've always wanted to continue my french studies here in singapore. are you here right now? how's life?

Hi Swissguy78,

Why not you try Singapore instead Malaysia? I feel Singapore is a friendly city for foreigner in terms of language, culture and environment. Also as I know Financial industry is active here. Probably you could start from Linkedin to post your profile there.

Good luck. :)

June

JuneChen wrote:

Hi Swissguy78,

Why not you try Singapore instead Malaysia? I feel Singapore is a friendly city for foreigner in terms of language, culture and environment. Also as I know Financial industry is active here. Probably you could start from Linkedin to post your profile there.

Good luck. :)

June

Yes of course, Singapore is an option as well for me!
I'll try by Linkedin, thank you!!!
Cheers

if you are thinking about singapore, the best way is to make the trip here and search for a job.
your CV will just be thrown in a pile if you are not available for face to face interviews.

Financial services industry is saturated at the moment, for obvious reasons. A lot of banks have been reducing numbers in the past 6 months, in research, private banking and asset mgmt. Probably not your best bet.
However, about right now is the ideal moment as this is usually the time when people switch jobs (after getting their bonuses) and job vacancies do show up for that reason.

Hi All,

I have come to know that Singapore is a very friendly city to work.
One would be feeling of home country. Also as i am an experienced & having very good command over French, English & Hindi.
I would be very happy if i get an opportunity to relocate in Singapore.

Regards,
Manjit

Manjit Kumar Singh wrote:

One would be feeling of home country. Also as i am an experienced & having very good command over French, English & Hindi.
I would be very happy if i get an opportunity to relocate in Singapore.

How to say one thing and prove the opposite.
Classic!