Meeting new people !!!

Hi everyone,

I am Diego, from Spain and I have just moved to Montreux few weeks ago. I am working in Montreuxand I am planning to stay here for a long time. I do not know many people yet, so I would love to meet people to have a coffee, chat, goign out a bit and so on. Social life is very important. I am able to follow conversations in french and besides it, I do speak Spanish, Italian, English, and a bit of German and Finnish.

Even though I have an accommodation I also would like to know if anyone is interested in sharing a flat in order to pay not much money.

I am looking forward to hearing from you,

Diego.

Hi Diego,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you get lots of new contact here.

All the best,
Christine

Hello Diego,

Welcome to Montreux. I moved here about one month ago. I haven't made many friends as yet but I think it's a slow process when adjusting to a new country, language etc. very alien! lol..

How big is your flat? I am looking for a three bedroom in the area. If you hear anything please let me know. Thanks!
Wish you a smooth transition and lots of connections :cool:
regards,
Keri

Hello Keri,

Thanks for writing. I hope also that you can make a lot of contacts in the area, but I guess that if you are moving with the family at least it is already something.

Well, I live in a school, as I am working here in a boarding school and they provide me a room. It is handy for now, but at some point I would like to have my own room in a flat to have more privacy... so I am open for moving in case something good arise. I'll let you know if I know about something concerning your concern.

All best in here :)

regards,
Diego

Hello Diego

Thank you and all the best to you too. Hope you soon find a more comfortable place.
I still have not met many people as I am also still relearning the language-studies 12 years ago..and forgot..lol.. I understand when people speak French but not too ready to think and speak at the same time, if you know what I mean..so this is a barrier..
apart from that, keep in touch and I will also keep you in mind if I see or hear of rentals .. have a good weekend. stay warm!
:)

Hello Irene
Welcome to you too and thanks for your email. :) Yes, it's freezing here! And no as I mention to Diego, i haven't met anyone outside of my partner's family. It would be great to meet other people and share experience.
Yes, I think when it's warmer. :) where did you move from?
I wish you lots of good company in your new home :) ..Stay well.

Hello Heloo

You can always look on the site easyWG.ch to share appartments, really handy. And why don't we all meet for an ice-cream in Montreux near Freddy mercurry :)