Visiting Phuket this March

[Wife and I will be visiting Phuket for three weeks this coming March. We are in search of our Shangri-La as we are getting close to retiring. Will visit all areas on the west coast and hopefully can view some condominiums to see exactly what you get for your money. Right now Kata Beach area is our #1 choice but open to suggestions.

I've heard nothing but fantastic things about Phuket.

Totally excited about our trip and can't wait to get off the plane and put my feet in the sand.

Now is the time to learn more about Phuket and hopefully we will fall in love with the place.

Hello Crab,
Kata is very touristy, it is good for one week holiday, but if you plan to move with your wife, I would suggest you Rawai/Nai Harn area, so you won't be bothered every meter with 'hello, massage, come here for dinner, sir get a suit, tuk tuk, dvd, cheap cheap!'.
Try staying one week in Kata and than one week in Nai Harn, you'll feel the difference. But if you like busy areas, than Kata is ok, personally I couldn't stand more than 1 month living there, I've found my piece of paradise in Rawai.
If you need some suggestions for houses and condos let me know, contact me once you are in Phuket.

Thank you very much!!! I appreciate your time and opinion. I've looked online about Rawai and will look again. This is part reason why we're coming for three weeks, so we can look around and get a feel for the entire area.

Are there any new condo projects in Rawai that have great ocean views? If we are going to move or spend considerable amount of time, then of course, want to be close to the water. We currently live in Las Vegas (desert) so ocean is important.

Once again, thank you.
Rob