Moving to Sweden Feb 10th!

Hej! I'm moving to Sweden quite soon and I am looking for some friends.

Facts about me:

* Origionally from the US, but I have been living in Barbados for the last year. Yes... moving from Barbados to Sweden in the dead of winter... you read that correctly. No worries, I'm from Minnesota. We get -40 temps. :)

* Moving to Sweden to sambo it up with the love of my life. He is not my age and is concerned about me finding friends right away as his friends don't have the best of english.

* I'm 27 and have 2 kids from my previous marriage. They live in the US (but looking to change that.) Also I'm female. :)

* I'm moving to Sweden with no job in place or anything (cuz i'm either crazy or adventurous... I like to think the latter) and I have applied for residency. I need to get into SFI! I know VERY little swedish and am looking to learn more ASAP.

* I like everything - music (all kinds), movies, shopping, food (all kinds, except herring!), reading, travelling, knitting, crafting, exploring, sleeping, dancing, cooking, (most things that end in "ing" except running and stealing) 

* I love meeting (anothing "ing") all kinds of people and hearing their stories and learning about different cultures.

* I like making friends of all kinds, boys and girls of all ages. I'll be living in Upplands Vasby.

Thats about it!! Looking forward to this new adventure!

Hej there,

Whereabouts are you moving to? I am an English chap living in Malmö with my Swedish sambo.

Adrian

Hi! Upplands is North, eh? I live in Malmo it's South. Malmo is cool.
Give a shout, please, if you pass by. (I'm a studying in malmo uni, originally from moscow, russia, and like meeting new ppl)

Welcome you in Sweden. very peaceful and beautiful country. People are very nice and lovely. I am living in Lund city. If you have any question then welcome. You can ask frequently. Here also very busy life and also in some areas snow falling but temperature is cool means not so cold like your area.
Have a nice day
Saira

Welcome to Sweden! Where are you moving to? You are wise to wanting to learn the language asap; it makes it easier to get into the new culture. It sounds as if you have a positive, curious approach to the move which will help you settle in well and find friends!
I am in Gothenburg.

Very welcome to Sweden! It can be a shock with the cultural differences but you have to work on it. I have been living here for the past 14 years and still i can't get use to many things. I was like you, a love refugee (I prefer to call it so..).Right..maybe because I am South American. The winters are long, could, dark : ( Planning of moving back soon..
I live in Gothenburg.
Good Luck!

Regards
Linda

You will be here tomorrow ! that's exciting.
Since your husband is a swede , he will help you cast away with some cultural problems here. You can start making friends in the laguage course , i 'm sure you will get many there:D

good luck and welcome to Sweden.