Buying furniture

Hi

I have just found a house to rent but it is not furnished. Does anyone have any ideas about the following options:

buying/renting furniture in Angola;
buying furniture in Namibia/S Africa and transporting it to Angola;
buying furniture in Belgium (where I am now) and shipping it to Angola;

We obviously want the best price option for the best quality goods. We'll be staying in Angola for a few years so don't mind investing and always selling the furniture on or shipping it back to Europe. I think the company will pay for shipping...

Thanks

Hi Apple,

I'm just unloading my container. I have just too many furnitures and we decided to sell most of it. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi,
More consumer goods are available in Luanda than ever before, but they are still expensive and not always of the highest quality. There are cheap, Chinese electronic goods, for example. I would like to encourage local purchases to stimulate much-needed economic growth and employment, however, I found the prices to be higher than in Europe, and the choice is very limited. I don't know the prices of goods available from Namibia (rather limited) or South Africa, but that is an option, if you can obtain the correct information. Perhaps your best option would be to send a container from Belgium. It will be much cheaper (and less of a headache!) than buying it in Angola and you will have exactly what you want. Please bear in mind that transport can take longer than expected (there is a queue of ships waiting to unload at the Luanda port). If you are settling in the south of the country, it would be best to ship straight through to Lobito and not through Luanda. You can recoup most if not all of the cost if you sell your goods before leaving Angola. I also strongly suggest sending a car in the same container (and by car I mean a 4x4, best for the conditions, such as roads, rain, traffic...you'll see what I mean when you get to Luanda). It's impossible to get around without a personal vehicle, and even if you have a company car, your partner will need one during the day. We've sent a few vehicles and it saved us thousands, even with paying the transport and port costs. Things may soon change, but right now a good, reliable 4x4 can be sold a year later for the same price that you bought it.
Hope you enjoy Angola!

Hi why dont you buy your furniture from Turkey where you have export advantages because of substities of the Government.The turkish Government supports furniture export the Quality is upper league in the world to a much lower cost then Europe .Transport time to Angola 29 Days.Production time 40 Days.Its definetly worth to wait you can gain a 40% out of the deal up to 50%.
Ive did it just recently to luanda ad the clients where overwhelmed and happy.
If you need further expertise post me!!

About buying furniture in Angola, I would suggest you to try ao.kaymu.com. It's a marketplace where you can buy online everything from local stores and sellers. It as a furniture section here: ao.kaymu.com/lar/.

Hope it helps :)

Even customized and customized according to your house features???well, Sir I dont think so.But thank you very much.İ will post it around and see if people buy furniture by only seeing it not touching it.Material is a very important matter when it comes to how solid things are...:)

Even customized and customized according to your house features???well, Sir I dont think so.But thank you very much.İ will post it around and see if people buy furniture by only seeing it not touching it.Material is a very important matter when it comes to how solid things are...:)

Dear RC Design

I have just moved to Luanda and I need furniture as well. I have heard about Turkey quality.
Can you please give me more detail about the shipping cost and agencies that can do that for me?
Do you know any good shops in Turkey?

Thanks