Anniversary of the Egyptian revolution - Emergency Message

Hey guys,

Please ensure that you are aware of the potential for disturbances leading up to and after the anniversary of the Egyptian Revolution later this month (Jan 25th).    Recommended actions include:

1.  Have at least Ÿ tank of gas in your vehicle.
2.  Ensure that your vehicle is in good running order.
3.  have at least a 5 day supply of food and water available in your residence.  Ensure that your cell phone is fully charged.  Have an exit kit prepared and have available your passport, , prescription medications, and other important documents.  Have a list of phone numbers for Emergency Services, your Chain of Command, 
4.  At remote places – Ensure there is adequate food and water available to enable site population to remain on the place for a minimum of seven days. Plan to limit travel to and/or from Cairo and other Embassies
5.  your listing of personnel, home of record, emergency contacts etc; should be current.
6.  The listing of air travel requirements, with your travel agencies, should be accurate.

This does not necessarily mean that there will be riots and it's just precautionary measures to ensure safety

be Safe

Totally right
And thanks for sharing this important info

You might want to remember take some money out of the bank... and early. You want to avoid line ups at the ATMs and potential cash shortages. :)

Hey guys,

we are here to share views and information for the benefit of all of us - I hope that such information is useful - Stay safe, by the way you are welcome  and thanks  for your comments

Dear all try to take cash now from ATM's or ur nearest branch asap
As in my bank there are instructions not to refill the ATM today! And wait till the money ends!
So I had to take all money now
Coz who knows will it end in peace or not :S

melstone wrote:

Let's hope that it won't be a repeat of last January.  Fingers crossed.  But honestly, last year I stayed and everything was fine. Alhamdullilah.  There were a few minor inconveniences, but nothing to cry about.  I have no intention of leaving this place in a hurry ever :)

Well said
And inshAllah it will not be like the last year!
Be safe all

don moe wrote:

As in my bank there are instructions not to refill the ATM today! And wait till the money ends!

............and other such posts!....

Talk about scaremongering! It is precisely such advice  and actions that cause mass panic and the trouble that ensues!

grassisgreener wrote:
don moe wrote:

............and other such posts!....

Talk about scaremongering! It is precisely such advice  and actions that cause mass panic and the trouble that ensues!

Its a clean advice just in case and I guess you didn't get it right!
Who need to create mass panic for his country?!!!!!!

Well I hope you consider your words before saying it loudly :)

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Egyptian revolution - The assembly was really civilized and honorable - did not occur any violations - demonstrators were peaceful  - some political parties announced a vigil until next Friday - I hope that God protects Egypt and its people

don moe wrote:

This is a very good advice - last year I went to the ATM to get money and was at the same time - unfortunately I did not found any money available - besides the severe crowding on the ATM - Thanks for the advice

Queen Cleopatra wrote:
don moe wrote:

This is a very good advice - last year I went to the ATM to get money and was at the same time - unfortunately I did not found any money available - besides the severe crowding on the ATM - Thanks for the advice

You welcome, as it happened to most of my family and friends so I just had to mention it here.
Thanks for your kind words

don moe wrote:
Queen Cleopatra wrote:
don moe wrote:

You welcome, as it happened to most of my family and friends so I just had to mention it here.
Thanks for your kind words

now my turn, you are most welcome

Hi, I have recently published my novel, A Military Republic, as an ebook on amazon, smashwords, and other retailers. It is based on the events that led to the Egyptian revolution. I am Egyptian and I believe that my novel offers an insight into Egyptian problems before the revolution, and the oppressed Egyptian everyday life. I have added a couple of links below. I look forward to getting your comments and reviews. Thank you
(moderated: no free ads please)