Culture shock - Living in Kuwait

I am considering moving to kuwait for a professional job.  I would like to know what it's like living as  an expat of Indian origin.  The article below paints a very poor picture of the way people from India are treated by local people and I am concerned.

http://www.internationalschoolsreview.c … -shock.htm

I would appreciate your experiences.

Thanks

There are positive and negative things happen in Kuwait, like other countries in the world. But feeling the negative things, it's different from person to person.

During my life in Kuwait i saw how Indians work hard to support Kuwait economy. Indians work in all jobs in Kuwait from Top management to lowest work. I see some Kuwaitis do not appreciate what Indians did here. If you look to any Kuwaiti house, you will see Indians maids taking care and raising the Kuwaiti kids. Also the drivers are Indians they are all loyal and hard working. In the past Kuwaiti people used to travel to India to bring goods and old Kuwait currency was Rubia which was the main India currency. Indians are supporting Kuwaiti people life style who likes everything to be ready and perfect. Hope Kuwaiti people will show more appreciation for their Indian friends who were strong partners in the past and present with Kuwait.

But note that Kuwaiti people prefer Indian than other worker because of this strong relation. So you will feel as Indian welcome here.

Please note there are good and hardworking Kuwaiti people(School teachers,lawyers,Engineers,Doctors), who without them Kuwait would not reach this level of development but they are few and they are facing resistance from other locals who do not want to follow the law and system and just want the government to do everything for them without tax.

I recommend you to come here.You will enjoy and feel like you're in home because Indians community here are the biggest one. They have their own activities, restaurants and shops.

:one Moo

Where is the :one:)