Move to barcelona in August

Hi,

myself and huisband are looking to move to barcelona in August ( due to schools starting in September) from the UK, we are both training in TEFL to teach english.

if anybody has any advice on looking for jobs/apartments/health care it would be much apprechiated.

i am currently on long term medication which i recieve free from the NHS ( as it is life long condition..epilepsy) would i stiil get my medication for free or at a reduced rate?

i have looked on Loquo for flats and was particually looking at renting directly from the owner to save on agency fees- is this a wise choice? we  seemed to find flats for 800-900 per month will all bills included- is this a good price?

over the past 4 years i have been to BCN 6 times and it feels like home, we ideally would like to secure a job before we move over. we are both mid 20's and are learning spanish.. although we not very advanced at the moment!!

any advice would be much apprecihated as we are so looking forward to the move!

Many thanks in advance!

Hi gtc,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have introduced your topic as a new thread on the Barcelona forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck in your search.
All the best,
Christine

(Moderated)

Hello, how exciting you guys are moving to Barcelona! Nice neighbourhoods include the Eixample, Placa Catalunya, Barri Gotic, Barceloneta and El Born.  A bit further away but quaint and quiet are Gracia and Sarria. 

I will give you a little tip for your perfect trip in Barcelona! Hope you can find a good apartment to stay!

.welcome-to-barcelona.com/2011/11/09/gothic-quarter-top-5/