Shipping...

I'm in Cuenca now until March 6th, then returning to Nova Scotia to sell-up-pack-up-and move here, with view to retirement residency.

I'm not interested in shipping my furniture, but DO have a collection of "special-to-me" things I need to ship.

If anybody "out there" is planning a container move from eastern/central Canada to Cuenca within the next few months, I would love to chat with you about piggy-backing a palette with your container, perhaps saving us both a little money.

I'm also looking into shipping boxes via air freight. If you have any experience with that, would love to hear from you!

Kind regards
Deborah.

Hello,

I left you an email but I don't know if you saw it.
I can help you with the airfreight shipping, let me know.

Vinny

Hi.  I will be coming down next month to Cuenca and will be staying for 1 year or 2. 
I will bring 3 suitcases with all my basics and diving equipment but I would like to ship a medium-Large box full of things that I prefer not to buy while there.
Does anyone know of a place or mail service that I could use to have my stuff delivered to so that I could pick it up when I arrive.  Ideally I will like to have it arrive a few days (or a week) after I arrive.
This will make my packing so much easier than deliberating over what stuff to stuff into my luggage while worrying about going over the weight limit for luggage. :(:/

The box would only be about 18 inches by 12 inches.

Thanks for any tips  :top:

As you placed this question on -  SIX different threads - here is a partial answer, and no, I am not in Ecuador.

Ecuador customs is fairly strict with personal importations through post, etc. I believe there is a 4 kg limit on what may be shipped in without customs forms, inspections, taxes, and hassles.

The better way to go may be to pay for extra luggage on the trip to Ecuador. It depends on the airline of course, but generally you may bring extra suitcases on a flight which weigh not more than 35 kg for a flat rate of $100 each. For international flights you usually get one free carry-on, one free bag of 35 kg, and the option to add extra luggage at a fee.

So rather than try to ship a troublesome box, jut pay the money for an extra suitcase or two (or three). It would seem the easiest way to solve the problem.