Where to exchange SAR to $$ in Jeddah

Can anyone tell if if how and where I can exchange SAR into $$$ is jeddah?

I am heading to Sri Lanka where I have booked a tour and must pay in $$ when i arrive

your help is appreciated

hmmm this is looking difficult ?

what about the concurrency exchange in the airport if not in the airport you leave by but the airport you arrive at? just a thought they normaly have them airside in most airports

yes i think if as a last resort i can exchange at airport in jeddah.. but the rate will be shocking ..  i dont want to have to convert sar to another currency and then to dollars

just straight to dollars...

Just go to any local bank and purchase $$ for SARs.
Sometimes the banks entertain such requests from their account holders only & I believe you already have one.

i just went on google maps and it seems that most the big name hotels in the city have a currency exchange service. though hotels normal charge more than any airport, if you have a bank account then try your bank they have the service there.

There is a place in Al Mosa'diyah on Medinah Road :)Any taxi should know Al Mosa'diyah.

There are two sections though. I think the place is in the 2nd one.

nope.. my account is uk account

thanks cobonedeals... will go try thre

raby wrote:

Hi,
The best rate you can get in Jeddah is in ALbalad area - QABEL street. You will find all the currency exchangers!!
thx

Yes i would suggest the same! You have alot of money exchangers in Al Balad. So pas Al mahmal straight to the entrance/pathway on the right of the Queesn Building entrance. There is a famous exchange called Al Amoudi! Been doing my pounds from them all the time!there are so many in that area you have alot of option and you can relax about being ripped of as they are competing.

Down Madinnah get off on Arafat (Exit after Thalia)  and continue on feeder road.   Just past Albaik on right hand side enter the shopping center.  Along the back row there is an exchange house with slightly lower rates than the banks but much better than the airport.  The bank is the best bet but they are hesitant and usually say they do not have.   If you do not have an acount forget it.

Hi dear,
You can go to AlAmoudi exchange company, located in Musaidia Plaza on Madina Road, next to Nissan showroom.
Good luck.

huh if you try to exchange from Airport you will not get good sort of amount, better try to go to any reputed Gold jewelry shop in jeddah and ask them how much they can give for $$

Albald Area Qabel Street, you can find many exchangers overthere

yea in balad there is!

Do you bank with HSBC in uk? If so Sabb premier let me use their currency exchange service when I showed them my HSBC premier card. Think I got 1 to 3.76 rate.

or you can always get it exchanged at AlAmoudi in Balad.  They are the official money exchange agents in Jeddah.

My enterest is how to apply the expat insurance if  my age are be able cto get an insurance plan for your company
Hello gomezrosal13,

Welcome to Expat.com1f603.svg

Please note that this thread was inactive since 2012.

I invite you to start a new thread on the Jeddah forum to ask your questions.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

[Thread closed]
Closed