New to Oslo

Hi all

Just wanted to say a quick hello as have never been on this site before.
I have been living in Oslo for a whole week now......so I am an expert on all things Oslo obviously!! Have just moved from little old England with my Norwegian partner and am looking forward to experiencing all that Oslo has to offer.

Having read some of the other threads on this site, I see that advice on job hunting is very common. Not wanting to upset the apple cart, I am going to do the same.
I have around six years business to business sales experience in a couple of different markets. Happy to consider any role really, aslong as it has a future. The only problem I see now is the language.......I know it is a big problem. I have started to learn the language, but it will be some time till I am fluent.

So my question is........can any body help??

You don't have to reply with career advice....just as nice to say hi

All the best

Nigel

Hi Nigel!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hey!  There are a lot of international companies in Norway, since you don't speak norwegian maybe you should check with them first. just use google... (phone companies, Oil etc....)
In the summer it is a lot easier to get a job if you are willing to work in the restaurant business.
Also bar work is easy to get even if you don't speak norwegian...

Hope it helps a little....

Hi Nigel! I am new here in oslo too. As i work in oil&Gas, i might give you useful advice in this business. Regarding the language, needn't we to practice it ?! :) Ciao, Chadi.

Welcome to Oslo:) You are able to get a job without speaking Norwegian as long as you have a relevant education. I am a Norwegian teacher, and all my students are doing their job in English. Are you trying to learn the language? If so, this site might be useful: infonorwegian.no

Anne-Beate

Hi Anne-Beate,
Appreciate your kind reply.
I have recently moved to Norway and am eager to learn norwegian. I was told that it could be a nice idea to share my knowledge in French, arabic or english against learning norwegian. Would you please tell me your thoughts? May i find someone interested in this? MMany thanks! Chadi.