Getting to know people in Milan

Hi

I met my boyfriend in april last year.  We only started seeing each other after he said he was moving back to Milan.  I decided I wanted to move here to be with him and have now lived here since the beginning of november.

I am not working at the moment but am looking to start an Italian course next month.

I would love to meet some new people who are in the same situation as me, it gets a bit lonely as my boyfriend is working and we live in a little village outside Milan.  So not much for me to do.

Also, I love his friends and they have all been very good to me but when they are having a conversation in Italian I don't know what they are saying so I have to sit there, sometimes it gets a bit boring.

If anyone wants to arrange a meeting to get to know Milan or just go for a drink somewhere, let me know!

I look forward to hearing from people soon!

Emily

Hi Emily and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for the intro.;)
Hope that you'll get lots of friends here.

Harmonie.:)

Hey yeah if you wanna grab a coffee etc let me know because I was in a similar situation to you when I arrived here a few years back. x

I want to get in touch with people as soon as possible. Gary

Hi,
I just arrived in Milan last week. I too am in a small town outside Milan.
I am struggling to find someone in the town who speaks english.
Where are you living?
I am in Seregno.
Hope to hear from you.
Charlie :)

hi! i just moved to milan from NYC this past monday. its quite an adjustment, not knowing the language. i'd love to meet up and am free on the weekends as well. let's set something up!

Hi new York :)
I am free most weekends except this weekend but I would like to join if we plan something for next weekend.
Charlie

Hi CharlieA and newyorkkaty

I am living in Caronno Pertusella.
We should definitely meet up.
What brings you to Italy?

Emily

i'm doing a fellowship/internship at a magazine in milan. i'll be here until mid-july and would love to get together! do you guys have cars or mostly use public transport?

I don't have car at the moment but will be in Milan studying from 1st feb so maybe we can arrange to meet in Milan?  The course is from 9-1 everyday so I will be free anytime from 1pm onwards :)

great! sorry for the delayed reply. email might be easier! my email is kbo2104 at columbia dot edu.

i work every day from 9a - 7p but am free on the weekends. perhaps we could all organize a happy hour/aperitivo?

Hello again,
Sorry for the late reply. I am working in Seregno as nanny from 4pm till 9:30pm during the week and free on weekends.

What are you both doing this Sunday??? Perhaps a day of exploring or shopping in Milan?

that would be fun! i think i will be free -- i have to turn in a draft for a freelance job i'm working on for something in NYC, but i will know by tomorrow afternoon if i have to stay in :-(

it looks like the weather is going to be pretty gross this weekend. maybe we can check out a museum? there's a PIXAR exhibit that's supposed to be good. or brunch is always a nice option! :)

hello girls. i am a Chinese boy living and working in Milan. i want to practise my english with people whose mother toungue is English cuz i am willing to move out of this country for a better career. seeing your situation, i think if you want, i can give u some free italian lesson since i have been living here for 4 years and i have experience of being an Italian teacher for chinese people. i am looking forward to making frineds with English speaking people. good luck to you all.   
e-mail : [email protected]