Disabled man moving to Phillippines

I'm writing concerning a male friend who wants to move to Phillippines.  He has been online with a 40 yo Philipina.  He is 70.  He also has had a severe stroke that left him able to stand up, walk short distances, with the good use of one hand and slight use of the other. 

He doesn't consider himself handicapped, but of course, everyone else would.  I am not sure to what extent he has informed his intended girlfriend/wife of his disability.

What would be her general reaction to a handsome, tall, disabled man?  If the filipina is not familiar with stroke survivors, would she still be accepting of him?  He does need a lot of help, but is generally a very nice guy.  The stroke has made him less able to plan a practical course of action and possibly protect himself from scams, etc.

My husband and I are worried that he will get to the Phillippines, be rejected by his Filipina and have no where to turn.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks

Hi there !

Before considering going to the Philippines or wherever else in the world, he should say he is disabled. He might not consider himself handicapped, but little things still make him.
Any woman would appreciate the honesty. If not, it might not  be the fact he's disabled that might push her off, but his omission...

i'm sure the general reaction would be a little bit shocked but she would still be polite and chances are she would still accept him..tell your friendto tell her the truth..

and take care for a good health insurance from home.
Medical expenses are high in the Philippines.

You didn't say where He was planning on moving so any advice I would give you on transportation ect. would have to be generic. Of course in any relationship Honesty is always the best policy.
When I first started writing to penpals, including the ONE who was to become my wife, Lifetime Partner, and mother of my children, one of the first things I wrote about was the severe chronic pain I suffer from back problems, and the fact that I'd probably never be able to work again. Most didn't understand everything I was saying, but it helped weed out the golddiggers. Also when they found out LA. in my address was LoUiSiAna instead of Los Angeles, that stopped a few.
MY cousin chose to go on a tour, where they parade a bunch of girls in front of you and you pick one. He chose a City girl, and as soon as she got her citizenship, She was gone.
So now He's back in Dipolog City with my wifes cousin, who comes from way back up in the mountains. So if you see a kano wheeling himself around there. Yes, He's in a wheelchair and has lots of paralized friends also married to filipinas. Several of them live there, mostly in and around Cebu City.
Got both kids in bed now, so I'll try to finish later. Mabuhay and God Bless.           Mike