Why are there only 9 destinations for Brazil ???

I'm sure there some of us interested in more then just these 9 cities

You're right, there are many more interesting destinations in Brazil. I would guess that these nine appearing in the expat-blog site have been selected because they are the top nine cities in Brazil in terms of concentration of expatriot population. Perhaps someone from the team will answer this question for you.

Good point Woodward, at least I have interest in Curitiba =)

Hi,

we would like to add more destinations / cities to the website, which ones do you think we should add ?

Thanks,

Julien

You should add Goiânia. :) It is the capital city of the state of Goiás, and lies only 125 miles away (45 minutes by plane, or 2 hours by car) from the country's capital, Brasília. :cool: Although there aren't nearly as many expats as in Rio, São Paulo or Brasília, there are several who consider Goiânia, Goiás to be their own well-kept secret. ;)

Hi Julien,

I would suggest adding the following cities to the list of destinations:

Goiânia - GO, Porto Seguro - BA, Foz de Iguaçu - PR, São Luis - MA, Natal - RN, João Pessoa - PB, Recife - PE, Vitória - ES, Porto Alegre - RS and Maceió - AL

I agree with wjwoodward!

Brazil has the largest number of species in the world, and the Amazon, Pantanal, Cerrado, Atlantic Forest, Caatinga, Campo Rupestre, 5000km of beaches, thousands of waterfalls, canyons, mountains and more.   It is ridiculous to state there are only 9 destinations, and all that are listed here are outside of the cities the rest of you are talking about!

I agree with wjwoodward and DouglasT! :)

I just thought having the capital of each state would be nice. Or the more popular cities in each state

many thanks for your posts, we'll add these cities in a few days (we're always very busy on monday - tuesday)

all the best,

Julien

Nice one, hope you add Recife.

Nice one, hope you add Recife.

just ask for it, and we'll do it (it's only a matter of time) ;)

Julien,  thank you for this blog!  If I post a write up of the top nature destinations, would you be willing to add these as well?  So few people are aware of the great nature here that is easy to see.

I would add the city Marilia also (in sp state) as I will be living there :D

Hi Conor,

Welcome to Brazil and to expat-blog. While Marilia SP is not exactly a tourist "destination" it is one of the more modern and beautiful small cities in the interior of São Paulo state. It developed around cultivation of coffee and the expansion of the railway. Later the ecomomy moved from coffee to cotton and nowadays the economy is moved by some 50 or more companies in the food industry and the several universities both public and private found in Marilia. The population is approximately 220,000.

I found a webpage with some beautiful photos of the city for those who are interested. Certainly the city is a wonderful place to live, study or visit.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=570157

I have been living/working in Goianesia for 4 months and have returned to Goiania for a few weeks. It's quite a large city with over 1 million residents!

Obviously, I'd like to see Goiania on the list!

Hi everyone,

I've added all the cities :) (thanks wjwoodward for the list)

The different sections will look a bit empty, we will need your help for posting a couple of pictures and starting discussions :)

Please do not hesitate to suggest more cities !

Thanks,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Again I ask "Julien,  thank you for this blog!  If I post a write up of the top nature destinations, would you be willing to add these as well?  So few people are aware of the great nature here that is easy to see."

Or, is this a city only blog?  Are we so disconnected from nature that people no longer even want to know about it?   Some 60,000 years ago Homo sapiens became the only member of the Homo genus on earth (although recent research shows that except for black Africans, we all have Neanderthal genes), and clearly we all lived in nature.  50,000, 40,000, 30,000, 20,000, and 10,000 years ago, we all lived in nature.  5,000, the 2,000 (when Christ was born), then 1,000, then 500 years ago, then 200 years ago, 100 then 50 years ago, the vast majority of us lived in and were connected to nature.  Air conditioning and radio then TV started the movement away from nature, and in 2008, for the first time in human history, more people lived in cities than in rural areas.  The devastating affects of what is now referred to as the nature deficit disorder is well documented by science, with the good news that re-connecitng with nature can restore memory, health, sociability, eyesight and more.   

Brazil is the #1 country for biodiversity.  What make Brazil so special is not it's cities, but it's nature.  Minas Gerais, where I live, there are 5 or 6 biozones, biomes, life zones (whatever you want to call them)...Atlantic Forest, Brazilian alpine, Cerrado, Campo Rupestre, Cerrado and Caatinga, there are at least 123 endemic birds.  With at least 104 primate species, Brazil has twice the second place holder.   

I could go on, but is the Expat.com to the place to do this?  From what I can see, it seems doubtful!

Cheers, Douglas

Thanks very much Julien, you can count on all of us to add some very interesting content to the new destinations.

Cheers,
James

Thank you so much Julien !  Thats much better :-)

Thank you, Julien!! :D

Now I'd better get to work... ;)