Help with TAME Airline Ticket Changes/Refunds

Does anyone have experience with changing or canceling a ticket on TAME?

My friend in Guayaquil (Ecuadorian national) was going to meet me in Panama this month.  She purchased her ticket from a travel agency to fly on TAME from Guayaquil to Panama.

I had a complication in the States and had to change the dates of my travel.  The travel agent told her that the ticket value is completely lost...no credit, no changes, no refund.  This does not jive with the TAME ticketing policies (which are posted online in English).  The TAME policies are more generous the US airline policies and allow for refunds and credits.

I don't speak fluent Spanish and was unable to speak with the agent and my friend is not experienced in dealing with issues like this.  I hate to lose a $450 ticket.  If I would have purchased her ticket on the internet on Copa or LAN, I would have been able to handle this myself.

I'm very frustrated over this.  My gut instinct is the something is "fishy" here with the travel agent.  Does anyone have any thoughts / advice?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum!

Hope that you'll soon be given some advices.;)

Harmonie.

Hello,

My advice is that your friend goes directly to talk with TAME with a copy of the ticket and a clear knowledge of the rules and policies of the company.
Maybe is good ask for a refund first and if they don't agree then ask for a date change.

Good Luck
Vinny

hey so what happen? could you change the dates for free? I too need to change the dates with tame

saumilsuchak26 wrote:

hey so what happen? could you change the dates for free? I too need to change the dates with tame

The post you were responding to is almost 3 years old. I would recommend you start a new thread asking about the current change policy of TAME. Just a thought.