MMA/UFC/FIGHT fans in cairo?

hi there,,

i was wondering if there are fightfans in cairo, and if there are gettogethers for watching fights on bigscreen ,,like in bars/clubs etc

greets sammy

Definitely I'm a fan!!! I have no idea about get togethers to watch anything in Egypt, except for soccer of course. Even my satellite prescription I don't get any UFC, I only watch strikeforce on FX. But actually I just saw a commercial on FX saying that UFC will be airing on their channel soon.

Yes Fx is coming with ufc soon ,, but i watch it online as i cant wait for a month or so, so if there are more fans lets get together for a fightnight,we do a ppv on a coming big event or watch it online because of the time divrence

btw ,,,did you see the overeem vs lesnar fight?? i am sure h,s going to dominate the ufc heavyweight for a long time :D

Yeah I know. Lesnar has always been a favourite of mine (because of his training routine, the man's a beast) but he got knocked the bleep out!

If you find a place to watch count me in, I love MMA/UFC/K1, weet jij ook iets over Knock out gym in Maadi of iets met muay thai?

hi reinier,,,i know there are gyms in cairo but dont know where??,,and theres even an oganisation EFC egyptian fighting championschip, i attented a tournament in october at the cairo university,, but its totaly not the level as we know it in holland/america,,, but i liked it,, ofcourse u know about the hari saki fight 26 january,,,would love to see that live i hope on eurosport ,,,check the mixfight.nl forum there they will anounce how we could see it ,, i gues its gonna be ppv.

Hi Sammy, ok i wil keep looking for one. With attended did you mean, compete or just watch? To be honest i have not followed the fight scene for some time now, so will this be the first fight between Saki and Hari, because for me that's a dream match!

hoi kerel.... badr hari is going to go for a profesional boxing career in the usa ,, this is his ,,afscheids partij,,its the 28 in leeuwarden, so no more badr hari in kickboxing :( , check mixfight.nl for more info

Okay I've been to a couple gyms and met a few people trained in different martial arts in Egypt and I would admit they were very well skilled. But I just saw a video from EFC 2011 and it looked like a joke! Maybe it was the one video I saw. So I don't get anyone trying to argue with me look for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5_c6hU_F4   

I am happy with the idea that they're trying to bring this to Egypt cause as I said there's lots of good fighters in Egypt.

I used to fight and I was hoping to get back into it. Right now I'm just doing some muscle training (body building/power lifting) just to get in the right mind frame and harness some chi! lol. In summer time I want to start some MMA training. Anyone can recommend any good gyms/dojos?

look at the dude in yellow at 2:59 , 3:00 , what the hell was that? A jump kick to the ankle?

@Scarab jan 26 saki vs hari, how you going to watch it?

its actually on the 28 ,, i think i watch it online a few moment later,, its on a dutch mixfight forum,i am almost sure its gonna be online around midnight,, thers where i also watch the ufc fights ,, i got a bad experiance with the ppv.

OK thanks, what's the website for the forum? UFC is now on FX on Mondays, but of course the big fights won't be showing

its mixfight.nl and go to the forum , i think fx will show older events ,, like strikeforce, and will repeat them over and over ;)

for the fights fans ,,now live its showtime from holland

hesdy gerges (egypt) vs ghita (heavy weight world title )
badr hari v gokhan saki last fight for hari

on this stream :: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/29625/1/h...am-online.html

and here another one ,,, its live now!!!!

http://www.kanalturk.com.tr/video/?vId=canli

badr hari first round knock out! damn

indeed DAMN ,,thats hari!!

heavy weight kickboxing is dieing,,, no more aerts, hoost, schilt and now no more badr hari.
so lets see what he does in boxing ,i am sure hes going to kick ass there to.

did you see the hesdy gerges fight? hes egyptian dutch , but got ko,d heavy by ghitta

wish I saw it! I think badr is going to do real well boxing. He's strong as hell, like a moving brick wall, with flexibility too. I'm going to see if I can find the Hesdy fight you're speaking about right now

Expatenglishteacher, can you recommand me a good gym for muay thai/kickboxing or MMA (or any MA what so ever XD) in Maadi?
Btw, without being all nationalist (which im not): if you look at the dutch or people who train in holland, they belong to the top of the fighting world, i watched the link.. it was not bad, but if you compare the level to the level in Holland it pretty sucked..

BTW sammy thanks for the links, it was an amazing KO, but would have liked it if the match was longer

@Reiziger; preferably MMA, if not possible than Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu, anywhere in Cairo

Hey like I said there's lots of good Egyptian fighters but the EFC is just too amateurish right now

Nice place for MMA fans....I download all UFC on bittorrent and watch them the next day best and easiest way of following it in Egypt.

As I said in the other post we can create a small group to train together in maadi optimum gym. We learn from each other specialities and we bring new techniques at each training etc...In optimum they have pleanty of space two mats area, kick boxing bags, a brand new ring for sparring and a brand new gym with all machine. It is more or less empty so we can always use it.

I have been in Egypt for 2,5 years and was training with the prvious MMA coach of knock out Fernando who is a brazilian brown belt, in a small group of 4. We were training in a villa but after revolution he left to france. Since then i have been searching for a good place to train but all the clubs i have seen are either too crowed or the coach is shit and honestly there is no one in Egypt that will be able to train you propoerly in thai boxing, BJJ and wrestling. They are good at one thing and suck at the others...

Any how I train in optimum gym 3 per week with a colleague of mine and if you want to join, share, , sparre, learn and teach what you know then you are welcome.

As for me I started thai boxing in switzerland about 5 years ago, bjj since 3 years but I would say i have 2 years of training with a coach...but I love bjj, and I am learning everyday by watching technique on the web and trying them in the gym.

leave me your mobile phone at [email protected] and i'll contact you and arrange to go all together once we can meet in maadi

c u

just saw your post. Fernando is gone? No way! I was just about to go to Knock Out gym!

Yes he left after revolution to France...he was the only good coach in egypt...