Moving to Krakow - Advice please!

Hi everyone!
I'm moving from Dublin to Krakow with work in a few months, and was wondering if anyone has any advice on settling in and making friends outside of work.
Thank you!
- E

Hello emerjenn and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to participate on the forum, this may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi there!

Just wanted to say that we have a pub here in Krakow and we hold regular weekly get-togethers for ex-pats and locals alike.It's a great way of making new friends and getting valuable information and advice on all things Krakow.Our pub is close to the main square and our community is rapidly growing so please feel free to pop along when you arrive in Krakow,you will be assured of a warm welcome!!
Cheers Pub on Grodzka,get-togethers on Tuesday evenings from 8pm:))

Hi!
That would be great, I'll definitely pop along when I get over!
Thanks for the invite :)

Hello again!
I think I'll be moving to Krakow in April. My work will be looking after accommodation when I move first, but will be hoping to find a place of my own to rent quite soon. Can anyone recommend areas to look at that are central, and let me know how much I can expect to pay per month in rent (in PLN) for a one bedroom apartment? I know there's a while left before I move, but I want to figure out what my expenses will be so I can plan...
Thank you!
Emer

hi, I am also moving to cracow from london in early april!
you should check Hamilton may website. it s quite high end service but they are efficient and have a good selection. for a large furnished 2 bedrooms in the centre or kazimierz, it is circa €700
cheers

Thanks - that's really helpful!

I'm paying 1700 PLN for one bedroom apartment.

I agree, Hamilton May is a good choice...make sure you ask for Dorota, she is so nice and helpful.
Good luck!!

Thanks everyone! In Krakow now and have found an apartment :)

Really appreciate the help!

Good luck :)

emerjenn wrote:

Thanks everyone! In Krakow now and have found an apartment :)

Really appreciate the help!

Good Luck! :)