Tochdown Khobar

Hi all,

I just arrived in Dammam a couple days ago and will be out here for at least 6 months. Im currently still in a Hotel in the CBD but moving to a compound in Khobar next week (Rezayat). Since I just arrived and dont know anyone besides my colleagues here I d be looking forward to meet some people and get involved in some sport related activites to create a bit of a social balance to the stressfull work environment. :) If your up for anything pls let me know! Trips to Bahrain for a pint or two would also be class and the more the merrier :) Two is a crowd, Three is a pary :)

Bye for now,
Hendrik

I spelled Touchdown wrong.

welcome to Khobar henky i'm in gulf peal 1 out of town in jeddah at the moment but be more than happy to meet for a coffee when i'm back in town.

hey Henky
I am 1 hour away from you and if you interested in a great tourism place, Al Hasa is great. It is also a great chance to meet other expats and discover the culture and heritage of Saudi Arabia

Hi Henky I am arriving in few dayz just wondering how was u r customs check experience how much time did it take and did they check u r laptop or camera or something... please reply...

@ R80GS: sure thing!

@ imraan: Al Hase River looks class! Definitely worth a weekend trip I d suggest!

@ galiusman: Well.. all in all it took me about 2 hours to go thru customs here whilst spending the majority of that waiting in the Q. However, no one bothered to check my laptop or bags upon arrival eventho I ve heard of occasions where they did do that.

Possibly going across this weekend, drop me a pm if you ride along.

thanks Henky, you can check out my FB to see some of our adventures its imraan saudi expat

Welcome to Khobar..

Welcome! Let us know if you need any help settling down.

Welcome to Khobar Henky!

If your looking for a drinking companion, im up to it =P

Hi Henky,

I usually go to Bahrain for drinks in the weekends, so if you are interested in joining, let me know :). It's always good to have company :).

hey Henky,,, i just want to welcome you :)

keep in touch bro

Welcome aboard Henky! I know what you mean by creating a social balance, this country lacks of it and the only refuge we have is bahrain! lol anyways hit me up if you're up for a pint or 2 I lived in bahrain for a couple of years so I know the good pubs/clubs we can go to!

-Paul

Am in - Make a plan and leme know

Hi Henky,

Ive reached khobar a few weeks back as well n am really new here n coming from greece the traditions are very different here. So, i could really take the help of a friend who i could meet up with n relax a little bit n get to know a little about this place .. Any one wants to meet up for a coffee or hi-tea , pm me please ..
Thanks ..

Hi All

Just found out I will be based in mubarraz with AL-Hoty contracting to Aramco.
Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like there, and do they have a western compound.

Thanks

Steve from Chester

steveo46 wrote:

Hi All

Just found out I will be based in mubarraz with AL-Hoty contracting to Aramco.
Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like there, and do they have a western compound.

Thanks

Steve from Chester

Hehehehe don't know where that is, sounds like it will be more of a small town so don't know about compounds but might be few for forginers, have no idea :p Good Luck in your quest