SKY GARDEN INTERNET

Hi,
Anyone living in Sky Garden could please help me with a query? My apartment agency has just told me I need to pay about 165000 vnd for basic cable (in Sky Garden)according to Sky's management. I'm confused, as my cable has always been 69000vnd.
Please help!

I meant cable tv, not internet

maybe they add more channels to that 165k package. i also pay 69k at home but my company in Phu My Hung must pay 225k

Hi, well that's the thing. I'm going to pay more than double for the same 70 channels (which are mostly vientamese anyway) :(    is this right, I wonder?

maybe since i don't watch much TV but u'd better check all your channels to see if anything changes

I live in Canh Vien in Phu My Hung. Have HTV cable with the small black cable converter box. Only get about 40 channels, including all the ones ex-pats want to watch. For the past 1-1/2 to 2 years have paid 160,000 VND per month. It previously was a little higher than that, but they reduced it when they had to delete some channels. Got a flyer in my mailbox a few weeks ago saying they will soon convert everyone over to digital cable and provide new converter boxes. Don't know what impact that will have on the monthly bill.

If I got more foreign channels I wouldn,t mind so much. I'm so surprised because I get the same few. Khong hieu...

Hi musica
I know your problem. There are such situations happened with my home. My solution is that I go to the agency and ask them why I have to pay more money for the same numbers of channels. Their answer is that these announcement was targeted to new customers , if you're old customers , just for them. I force them to get attention me to be old customers.
Note: if you don't say anything , they will charge you more money. But if you say something , they don't dare to do that .

Hi, I have already questioned it to the agency. They say Sky Garden management has decided it to be this way, which is why I wanted someone who stays in Sky to confirm it. I think Ill go to management myself to understand it.

Tell me, please about Sky Garden.  Through my internet research on apartments for rent, I have earmarked Sky Garden as one of my favorites to explore.  I will be moving to HCMC in December from USA.  Any information will be helpful.  Besides the cost for Cable TV, what's you cost for electricity, water, internet, and any other expenses associated with the rentals there?

Still deciding between District 7 and District 2.  Any thoughts?

Dan

Hi Dan,
My monthly bills are approximately as follow:
Internet 308,000 vnd
Cable (2 TVs) 225,000 vnd
Management fees + water 370,000 vnd
Electricity (I donŽt use aircons) under 200,000 vnd

Regards

Thanks so much.  Very helpful.

Dan

Can someone tell me the address where I can pay TV bill in Ho Chin Minh?  I live in Sky Garden.

Cristina

My Phu Hung developers did deals with cable and InterNet companies and they collect a small part of the commission! They have master contracts for the buildings.

What does your cable say in the corner of the screen? (HTV, SCTV, etc.Your fees should be around VND60,000-70,000 for basic service (not HDTV). The fees are fixed through the government so they can't just jack them up.

If I lose cable service for more than 6 hours, I deduct money from their bill. They can't make you pay for something you don't get.

Jaitch good information, but I think she was really looking for where to pay the bill.

Budman1 wrote:

Jaitch good information, but I think she was really looking for where to pay the bill.

We have several cable TV systems.

Each one puts it's URL in the corner of the screen. When she has determined whose service she uses I can give her the nearest office in PMH or Q7.

The other alternative is to ask Sky management who they are.

www.internet-adsl.vn/?p=1610&lang=enwww.saigontourist.hochiminhcity.gov.vn/ … /cable.htmwww.htvc.vn

usalax98 wrote:

Tell me, please about Sky Garden.    Besides the cost for Cable TV, what's you cost for electricity, water, internet, and any other expenses associated with the rentals there?

Still deciding between District 7 and District 2.  Any thoughts?

Dan

NEVER rent an apartment before you inspect it!

Your first concern should be transportation. Only local buses, although some areas have shuttle buses.

Your costs when you rent might have the following as extras:
Management fee (might include metered water and cable/internet)
Electricity )VND1,200-2,200 per KWH depending on usage)
Water (VND12,000/cubic metre)
Garbage charges (VND10,000/month - varies)
Bottled gas (VND400,000) good for 2-3 months
Generator fuel charges (occasional VND100,000)
Parking

NOTE:
Most landlords require two months security/damage deposit (No interest paid)

CraigsList VietNam is a good place to get a feel for the rental market.