Work here in brazil

I have been trying to find work here , but it very hard to get some one to give me a chance . I am a carpenter from the Boston area. But here there isn't  many wooden structures or  wooden houses I am now building cabinets and tables what they call here a Marcinario  I think that is how it is spelled sorry if i misspelled . I like what I do but it time to make some money here.My wife works for the government here in Petrolina , and i want to work here to ..If some one can help me it would be deeply appreciated.

As a foreigner in Brazil, one needs to have legal documentation, must speak Portuguese well or perfectly, and must be able to present him/herself well.  I suggest learning the brick and cement form of building, and also tile laying.   Much of the work done in Brazil is either very expensive but well done, or shoddy workmanship, for much less.  If you can show you do First World quality work, you could charge on the lower end until you get a name.  Also, wardrobes/closets for clothes are very expensive here, so advertise for this.  Good luck!