Drivers license

Hi,

I would like to have info about buying a cambodian license.

More specifically:
which authority does it? (only in PP or in all provinces)
does it have to be done in person?
how much does it cost?

I have a French license and a visa B for Cambodia.

Thanks,

Yajul

Call [moderated]

i'm interested in the same thing

(Moderated: no free ads in the forum pls)

Several motorcycle rental shops in Phnom Penh can assist you with a Cambodian license.
Cost is $32 each for an A or B license. A type allows cars and some larger vehicles, and motorbikes over 125cc, the B license allows cars/SUV's, and motorbikes up to 125cc.

You'll need 3 passport photos, a copy of your photo and visa page from your passport and the cash.
It takes one month, but you will get an official receipt which acts as a license while you wait.
I'm fairly sure all visas except Tourist visas are eligible. I had no problem using an E visa.

I got mine at Lucky Lucky on Monivong.

hahah THANK YOU !!

the people here who made me an offer were charging me 350 $ !!

heya.. 50 $ , exam at the ministry of transport , N its valid for 5 yrs

Aaliyah01 wrote:

heya.. 50 $ , exam at the ministry of transport , N its valid for 5 yrs

Is the exam in Khmer?

Also forgot to mention you need a photocopy of your license from your home country as well.

no.. in english , they gave me textbooks in english too
N its a brand new driving license ..not a transfer ..so no photocopy

Sounds good then. what kind of license is do you get? A, B.. C?

Mine is a proper plastic card with photo and stamp, the copy of your own license is just for the transfer. It's only valid for 12 months, but didn't require an exam.

oh i didnt go yet for the exam .. i wanna take up the classes too czi do have a license .. romanian, i'm romanian, but  i  havnt used it much so need to take up some driving classes again jst to be sure ..
well as per that lady's sayings  they give all type of driving licenses at the same price ,the cool thing abt it , in my opinion  is tht yeah its with an exam N all but its valid for 5 years N its legal.. you know..given my the ministry of transport in proper conditions N stuff ..i mean , like,as i am interested in staying here for longer , the legal way is a better option  cz u never knw whn u  might jst need to justify yourself lol .. so.. yeah.. i think this is pretty cool

Hi,

May l know where can help me to change Malaysia license to Cambodia using. how much I need to pay and how long the license will be expired.

what do you need to get your motorcycle license in cambodia.  do i only need my american drivers license (non motorcycle endorsed) and passport photos to get motorcycle license in cambodia.  i know in america you have to take a driven test and you have to tow your motorcycle to the dmv.

I have lived here 11 years and have never bought a licence, only 2 times I have been stopped, 1 time I paid $5 bribe, the second I argued that Cambodians don't have a license and when i asked to see his and he let me go.
Really pisses me off there is different standard for Berang. My Cambodian wife has never been asked if she has a license.