MOVING TO EGYPT

hey all i want to move to egypt and i heard i can enter egypt with a toursim visa for 3 months and while im there i must go to the embassy and request for renewal. since i am not married and im not moving to egypt to get married, but just for living there. will there be any problems? and is that true that i can stay only for one year? im so sad, my plan was to stay all life long :'(

first of all: did you use the search of the forum? Because a lot of information is already shared. On the airport you can only receive a one-month visa, after that you have to renew it.

first of all: hi :)
i tried to get some info but i got confused and i also called the italian embassy in egypt and they made me even more confused. thanks anyway

Toursim visa upon entry is valid for one Month , to get futher period of time is quite easy and barely cost nothing.
The paper work is easy and takes up to 14 days time,and u can renew it when u want as long u give them a reason why ur staying "Most likely they ignore it".
So nothing to worry about , you just need someone to help you with the paper work etc

Wives of Egyptian citizens can apply for citizenship (with the consent of the Egyptian husband) and acquire the citizenship after two years provided that the marriage is not terminated, except in case of the husband's death.

However the ministry of interior may issue a justified decree depriving the wife from acquiring the Egyptian nationality, before the lapse of the two years stipulated herein, but such rejection can be disputed at court.

[edit] NaturalizationA person may be naturalised as an Egyptian citizen after at least 10 consecutive years of residence in Egypt.
Normally a person must be aged 21 or over in order to become a naturalized Egyptian citizen. Children aged under 21 normally obtain Egyptian citizenship automatically at the same time a responsible parent is naturalised.

All applicants must also meet the following criteria:

The applicant should be mentally sane and suffering from no disability rendering him a burden on society.
The applicant should be of a good conduct and reputation, and that no criminal penalty or penalty restricting his freedom should have been passed against him in a crime against honor, unless he has been rehabilitated.
The applicant should be acquainted with the Arabic language.
The applicant should have a legal means of earning his living.
A non-Egyptian who has acquired the Egyptian nationality shall not be entitled to exercising political rights before the lapse of 5 years from the date he acquires the nationality. He may not be elected or appointed a member of any parliamentary body before the lapse of 10 years from the said date.
However, by Presidential decree, he may be exempted from the first restriction, or both restrictions combined. The Minister of Interior, may exempt by decree, those who have joined the Egyptian Armed Forces and fought in their ranks, from the first restriction or both restrictions combined.
The Egyptian Nationality may be granted by Presidential decree. without being bound by the restrictions set out under the law, to any foreigner who renders honorable services to Egypt, as well as to the heads of the Egyptian religious sects

OR IF YOU HAVE WORK YOU CAN RENEW UR VISA BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK LEGALLY WITH PAPER NOTCASUAL WORK WITHOUT PAPER   AND ALL THAT AFTER YOU BUY UR VISA FROM AIRPORT FOR ONE MONTH AND RENEW IT FOR 6 MONTHES I THINK AGAIN AND IN THE THIRD TIME YOU HAVE TO HAVE REASON FOR STAY WHATEVER ITS AND THEY ARE FREE TO BELIVE IT OR NOT BUT MY ADVICE FOR YOU WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO RENEW YOUR VISA TAKE SOMEONE WITHYOU KNOW THE PROCEDURE OR AT LEAST KNOW WHAT TO DO BECAUSE WHEN I WENT THERE FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH MY EX GF I FOUND MANY MANY PROCEDURES PAPER WORK TALKING WITH OFFICIALS   AND BEFORE ALL THAT I SPENT LIKE 2 HOURS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO BECAUSE IT WAS VERY CROWDING

Hi ahmed elazzazy, could you please lower Caps Lock to ease the reading?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie..

sorry i didnt notice that:D

I assume you are Italian as your profile says.

Italians can get 30 days upon arrival from the airport for $15 and can renew it for free from Tahrir Immigration office for 60 more days.

After that you need to apply for a residence. You can apply for a one year touristic residence visa (but you cannot get a driver's license, bank account or work on this visa), after that you can fly back to Italy then come back again and get a new year .....

Or, you can find a job to sponsor your work visa.....which won't require jumping through such hoops.

call me at [email protected] i can help you as a friend

There is no 'help' that anyone can give you the advice above is clear enough!

Unless you are rich / have won the lottery you will surely have to find work - and trust me that i better done from out of Egypt.

If you come and get work here the salary will be very low - on a apr with EGyptians - and your standard of living will be much different than that you havebin Italy on a local wage.

Have you ever been to EGypt before?
If not come and stay for a month / tow befor eoyu make any hasty permananet decisions and make decison you cannot undo.
Living here is not all gazing at the Pyamids all day (In fact can't really remember the last time I stopped and had a good lokk at them!

Hello guys -> This thread is a year old. :/

Thank you,
Aurélie