Need INFO about CEBU and Region 7 of the Philippines?

Hi there~

You might wonder  What and Where CEBU City is. I bet, I can say that it is the second largest city of the Philippines and located in Region 7.

My Region is blessed with many nice white beaches and it is flocked by many tourists from all over the world. There are so many Economic Zones as well. It is area where you can find many multi-national factories and companies. Therefore, there are many  western and other asians working here.The culture here is quite varied these days.

Every 3rd week of January, Cebu City holds SINULOG , a festival in honor of Santo Nino as their patron saint. During this month, all the hotels are fully-booked and there is always traffic congestion everywhere.

There are many things you can do here such as scuba diving and snorkeling in Mactan Island (30 min away from the Cebu), wakeboarding in Danao (30 min away from Cebu) ziplining ( the most popular attractions these days), shopping at many grand malls, mountain hiking, bike riding, etc...

Getting around Cebu is very easy as there are many

1.Jeepneys - our public transportation in the city area.

2. Buses  are for long distance travel to the Northern and Southern part of Cebu

3. Vans for Hire are also common these days
You can find them at the almost any big Malls and terminals.but if you cant find any of the transportation above  better get a

4. Taxi.. this form of transport is very visible everywhere and  they can be your guide sometimes. Just be careful in dealing with them because some them may likely cheat on you if they know  it is your first time in Cebu.

5.When you are visiting the country area, you can get around by small jeepneys and motorbikes.

Anyway guys,
Feel free to drop by and ask, Ill try to give accurate response as soon as possible.

Hello Sooky and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for this useful post.:top:

Harmonie.

YOure Welcome;)

I want to buy a small house or land in Cebu , can you please advise if the foreigner people allowed to buy house or land there ???

Dear friend's
any idea about life and business in philippines ????
best regards