Job Opportunity for Local Vietnamese

I have a job opening for a Director of Sales position in a start-up company. I am seeking an experienced senior sales professional who can assist in company startup and manage & train a direct sales force. The likely candidate should be a Vietnamese National, well versed in both written & spoken English. Prefer Marketing Majors. Candidate should also have contacts with supermarket chains & pharmacies. This position is open to female candidates only as my product is female focused.

I am targetting to start the company & launch the product 1st Quarter 2012. Product has no direct competition at this point. Potential candidate is likely to have worked as Brand Manager with P&G or Unilever. Execellent remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. Working location at SOHO District 7, HCMC.

Qualified parties please send your CV including a cover letter to : [email protected]

Hello Hue1964!

Could you please post in the jobs section of HCMC classifieds?

Thanks
Armand

Hi Hue,

What product are you looking to distribute?  I have a little cosmetics and clothes business, serious ties with the Coopmarts and market management people, and pharmacies south of HCMC.  Perhaps, I could help in some capacity.  I started many companies here and in southern California.

Let me know.
Howie

Hi Howie,

Thanks for your interest. My product is therapeutic in nature and it requires intensive on site promotion during the initial launch. As it is also high priced, it will not be sold as an OTC product. I am looking into the feasibility of doing MLM marketing after the launch. I also need a vietnamese to manage the company as it involves daily interaction with promoters and local authorities. I have no immediate plans to market in the north yet. Perhaps after I have established sufficient distribution networks within HCM I may decide to market in the north.

Cheers
Hue

Hi Hue,

Female focused and therapeutic, hey?  Please don't tell me it is the new-and-improved birth control pill.  Just kidding!!! 

What is it, Hue?  You are leading me on, aren't you? 

In all seriousness though, can you be a little more specific about the demographics that your product is made for?  And what is this MLM marketing strategy that you are looking to adopt?  Isn't this the famed Pyramid thing, Hue?  Last but not least, what about independent sale reps?  Would you consider this option?

As for my geographical location, I live about 170 kms south of Vietnam.  This is my stronghold.  If I were to help you launch this product, from Can Tho on south would be an area that I can assure you of instant success.  I do do business and travel throughout Vietnam.  However, in other areas, I will have to work on the people there a little.

Howie

feasibility of doing MLM marketing after the launch

Well, just to let you know, MLM activities, such as ACN or herbalife, are not welcome on Expat.com ... We don't support this business model and don't accept any MLM ad on the website