Looking for a job in Malaysia

Hi, I'm a Filipino expat in the UAE and I was just wondering if I could get a job in KL, my specialization is Accounts and Administration. How is it possible to get a job there? Do I need to come to apply in person or the online application is enough?
Thanks

Hi as a Filipino you have lower chances than a western expat of getting a job. It is possible but Asian expats I know have either been sent here by multinationals or work for embassies etc (apart from those married to locals of course).

Accounts is a local job really loads of malaysian accountants and not an in demand job so hard to get a work permit. Local friends only get 5k after 10 years of such work and that is the min for a wp.

The local job market is very immature as such and advertised positions are generally too low for expats. And why employ you with all the hassles of a wp when so many accountants in Malaysia?

It is easier to get jobs in UAE than Malaysia even secretarial work is done by foreigners! Malaysia like most countries protects it's employment market

better u look for some job agencies. the gd 1 in malaysia is jobstreet.com.my

contact the below link she is looking for filipino workers

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=366045

Nemodot wrote:

Hi as a Filipino you have lower chances than a western expat of getting a job. It is possible but Asian expats I know have either been sent here by multinationals or work for embassies etc (apart from those married to locals of course).

Accounts is a local job really loads of malaysian accountants and not an in demand job so hard to get a work permit. Local friends only get 5k after 10 years of such work and that is the min for a wp.

The local job market is very immature as such and advertised positions are generally too low for expats. And why employ you with all the hassles of a wp when so many accountants in Malaysia?

It is easier to get jobs in UAE than Malaysia even secretarial work is done by foreigners! Malaysia like most countries protects it's employment market

Hi, thanks for the feedback.:)

kingali2308 wrote:

contact the below link she is looking for filipino workers

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=366045

Thanks a lot! i hope she can help :)

I would be careful. Many of these recruiters of Filipinos and Indonesians are basically pimps or conmen. They take a large fee and run away or worse take your passport and demand you earn money....

I know things are bad in the Phillipines  as I met lots of fillipino teachers in Thailand who despite earning 70% less than a much less qualified white person were still far better off than being home. But that encourages scum bags to rip women off and there are some real low life's in the recruitment business here. Michael page have just opened here you shod try them

Jobstreet etc is useless for expats in Malaysia as only lower local only jobs are advertised

Nemodot wrote:

I would be careful. Many of these recruiters of Filipinos and Indonesians are basically pimps or conmen. They take a large fee and run away or worse take your passport and demand you earn money....

I know things are bad in the Phillipines  as I met lots of fillipino teachers in Thailand who despite earning 70% less than a much less qualified white person were still far better off than being home. But that encourages scum bags to rip women off and there are some real low life's in the recruitment business here. Michael page have just opened here you shod try them

Jobstreet etc is useless for expats in Malaysia as only lower local only jobs are advertised

Thanks Nemodot, I am totally aware of what you are saying about some recruiters and yes the current situation in my country.

I am sending out my CV to job recruitment agencies I came across in jobstreet just to try my luck. I have read a lot of discouraging comments on the forum about job placement there in Malaysia but at the same time others are able to get a job. So, i'd rather take a chance and try.

I'll sign up in Michael page...

Cheers!

Dont give up...what kingali said is true

Perhaps you get lucky, there are plenty of foreign business man in malaysia and they may understand your situation and hire you.

totally agree with darulehsaan

Thanks to u, I am sending CV now to recruitment agencies, employers etc.. I just wish my CV will be noticed and be at least invited for an interview. :) I am willing to be present at any cost if there would be invitations :) inshallah

best of luck...and if you are in malaysia working dont forget us....you need to buy us coffee especially me and kingali

hahaha it's not a problem but i need to find a job first.. :)

plse read your mail...and reply

Hi,

I'm Israel Yakub from India, I'm a professional System/Network administrator and i'm having 3 years experiance in international call center working as System/Networking administrator, i'm looking for a job in malaysia, is any one can help me to get job in malaysia otherwise give some guidance to get job in malaysia, Awaiting for your reply people

Thanks & Regards

Israel Yakbu

Hello isravelraja and welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the jobs in Malaysia section. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

what type of anti aging products are you working with?

I am looking for a job in kl almost two months already. i am a mba graduates and married with local and holding working permit. i don't know why i cannot get job in kl even i applied alot of jobs from job streets and don't even have one interview.i m very depressed and had high pressure from my husband family and relatives.any help from your guys? thank you

khin thaw dar yin wrote:

I am looking for a job in kl almost two months already. i am a mba graduates and married with local and holding working permit. i don't know why i cannot get job in kl even i applied alot of jobs from job streets and don't even have one interview.i m very depressed and had high pressure from my husband family and relatives.any help from your guys? thank you

Hi sorry to hear that but two months is very little time. First though you DON'T have a work permit.

You may have a LTSVP that says "not allowed to work" which any employer interprets as "not allowed to work". Strange that!

Ok I know that you are supposed to be able to get a stamp to say you can work after getting a job but most employers won't believe you as penalties high for breaking immi laws.

I would say "why not copy the Singaporean system of issuing a right ro work for 5 years if qualified and experience" but experience in Malaysia is that;

a) Malaysians like to believe they are superior to Singaporeans (who have spent the last 40 years laughing at Malaysia as Singapore gets richer and richer)

b) anthing sensible in this country never gets implemented - its a Malaysian thing. Have it work all the time! Only crazy stupid unworkable ideas get approved then they slowly fail. But who cares as mouths in money trough hurray!

The Malaysian government set up Talent Corp to help bring back Malaysians overseas and help skilled expat spouse etc. But no money for the boys if you copy Singapore so they have a bloated Quango (British word - look it up!) that is poor money for value.

Under this "reform" the effective system of allowing exapt spouse to get work permits was replaced by a system of LTSVP that no ones understands so hard to actually get one.

That's your first problem.

Second one, if I throw a pen out of an office in London I will hit an unemployed MBA grad. They are two sen a dozen these days and for example in banks these days you need one in London to get a cleaning job (yes I chatted to the cleaners last time I was consulting in a bank in London and all had master degrees - foreigners looking for jobs).

A degree is "worthless" nowadays - you need experience. Malaysia has a glut of general degree holders for marketing etc. So maybe you don't have marketable skills?

Or after two months you are not allowing enough time.

Certainly job street is useless. Itis for low paid clerical jobs in Malaysia. The employer sees you are foreign and bins the application without reading it (as you need a work permit!!!)

So you need to network. Start with your spouses contacts and sell your skills/experience. And do explain that as a spouse of a malaysian you don't need a wp. Most still won't believe you however so offer to pay ALL COSTS associated with getting a work permit.

And be lucky!

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Jobs section]

Hi

Do you think you might be interested in working in a college?

Curriculum Vitae

omar zeyadeh

3D Visualizer

Languages:
Arabic, English

Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Creative of Multimedia
2008-2012

Skills and Abilities:

3D MAX:
I have the abilities to make environments, props,
buildings, exterior and interior scenes.
and i have the experience to apply the texture into
the modeling, lighting, camera movement, rendering,
and makes animation.

Adobe Family:

Photoshop:
I have a good experience working on Photoshop,
manipulate photos, brochure, and makes posters.

Illustrators:
good skills to trace shapes, pictures, and color it,
make business card, logo, and draw 2D image.

Aftereffect:
I know how to make motion graphics and particle
affect which can be used to make it in videos and
movies, make video commercial and advertisement.

Video Premiere:
i have some good experience of editing videos, coloring
scenes, cut it, and add sound into the video.

Experience:
one year

About Me :
I'm Omar Zeyadeh from Jerusalem, I born in 1986
my nationality is Jordanian.
I graduated last July 2012 taking Degree in creativity of
Multimedia at Limkokwing University, Malaysia.
my specified major in 3D max

Current Address:
Jerusalem \ Selwan

My Work links: (please copy the link to view)

youtube.com/channel/UC9fMtJ97vq0pW79jVmvt9rQ/videos
omeeer1121.deviantart.com/gallery/

Phone : 00972548081956
Email : [email protected]

Hello omeeer -> Could you please post your cv in the Jobs in Malaysia section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

i tried to post it , but i couldn't find where i should post it exactly !!!!
can u help me with that ...............!!!

Hello omeeer. :)

Click on this link : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/malaysia/
Then click on Post a job or create your cv and follow the steps given to you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

Hello I want to go malisya for study

Aurélie wrote:

Hello omeeer. :)

Click on this link : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/malaysia/
Then click on Post a job or create your cv and follow the steps given to you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

[moderated: no free ads please]

Hi!! I'm a Filipino citizen and im now staying in Kuala lumpur searching for a job in BPO/call center. I had been working in this field for more than two years. I need some info like what are the call center companies here.pls help...:)

Hi! I'm danish doing an Marketing internhip in KL. I really like KL and Asia, so I started thinking about extending my stay in KL, but unfortunately it's not possible for me to stay in the company where I'm doing my intersnhip now. Therefore I have to find something new. How looks the job market for foreigners? Are they welcome among malaysian? Can you maybe give a website where are most of the job offers? Thanks a lot:)

hi! try to open this website..im also looking for a job here in KL but we are in different fields so i really cant give you more info.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/malaysia/

I've already checked this website. But I'm more interested in some professional websites where I can find all job offers. Thanks

Hi

This post seems to be "N" years ago! :) However I would like to share a little bit about my experience to those working person who like to work as expatriate in other country.

I'm Malaysia and personally I would like to work in oversea for the life experience beside earning more money. I was crazily looking for the job in oversea (not in Singapore) upon my graduation. However, I couldn't manage to get the job in oversea. Few years back, I totally rely on those Agencies in respective country for the job seeking. But it doesn't work.

From my experience, the Agency is the company who appointed by their client to look for the suitable candidates for their vacant. They will strictly follow all the requirements in the hunting process. Even though you are welly qualified all the requirement but you are not the local, you name will never appear in the interview list. You can't blame them, they do not have the power to make the hiring decision. You should direct contact with the hiring manager or the HR personal on the vacancies available in the respective company. Because they are the boss, and they can make the decision on the calling for interview or hiring as long as they believe you and think that you have the potential to invest even though you couldn't fulfilled some of the requirement.

What you should do is, participated in some of the social networking website like Expat.com, linkedIn and so on. Try to socialized amongst the community. Once the recruiter know you, and they know your need, they will definitely contact you for further activity. Besides, don't forget to ask for the vacant to the hiring manager/HR personal by shooting an email attached with your CV.

Besides, there is another easier way for you to get a job. Try to look for your country's registered company which have the branch company in the country you like to working for. As you are considered as "relatives" in the company. For example, I am Malaysian and I tried to look for Malaysia company based in Thailand. It would be easier to get the job since most of the company will consider the "relative" to work in the branch company with higher position as they are more reliable.

The process of getting a job in oversea especially to those ASEAN country like Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar are though. What they need mostly are western expatriate who have more experience than the ASEAN expatriate since their country is more advance than ours. However, keep going with your target and don't give up. Try it again, again and again!

After 2 years of hard work, I finally managed to get a job in Vietnam. These are the processes I gone through in my past 2 years! Hope my few cents may help you in your dream! Bravo man!

Thanks... i am actually working in Dubai for 5 good years now. As of now i don't think about looking for another job in Malaysia, but come opportunity i will try.. GoD Bless.

im looking job IT field,
my qualification is b.com and also diploma in computer hardware ,mcse and ccna

Since you can survive in Dubai for 5years, i'm sure you can find a job in elsewhere, including Malaysia. Please continue to try you will get it. Its not all about your luck, importantly your specific skill sets, attitude, professionalism and all combinations. If company can see your value, they will hire you. Be positive and confident. Good luck n god bless u!

Hi adhi akbar,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You should maybe post your resume in the IT & Telecommunications jobs in Malaysia :)

P.s - Can you please start your post by saying "Hi" with an introduction of yourself and end it maybe with a simple word like " Thank you" or even a single " please " ..in other words be friendly :/

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team