Should we Move to Austria? Need advice!

Hey everybody. My name is Mandy and my two best friends and I are considering a move to Austria from the states. We are self-sufficient but do not know any German except for one friend who took German for two years. We have looked into apartments and the prices look okay but my big question is, would you recommend we take the leap? Would unknowing American teenagers fresh in adulthood be able to get jobs and handle it? What about registering for residency and all that? How did you guys handle the Move? Thanks for your Time.

Hola.. mi nombre es Carmen Cecilia..  vivo en Madridestamos pensando mudarnos a Autria. quisiera que nos orientaran en el empleo y con el idioma (cursos) por otro lado me gustaria saber de alojamiento.. muchas gracias

Hello Carmen, could you please translate in English?

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

Oh Mandy, when you kiss me you stop me from shakin, and I need you today ohhh Mandy...

Sorry I cant help it :3

I'd say go for it, if you got the chance, why not? But you all know that you are entering a new world, so prepare for that. Also, German course comes first. Learn the Language and shitloads of opportunities will come to you.

hi!

maybe the following link can give you some official answers:
"http://austria.usembassy.gov/austria.html"

and for a longer stay it's necessary to learn the language ..at least a bit more than smalltalk..;)..

bye,
berni

for Americans in Europe the sticking point is usually visas. Are you planning to study there or do you have some useful, unusual skills that will be attractive to potential employers?

Hello,

i am an austrian but i moved away one year ago.\
on reason why i dont want to live in my motheland is, that i cant handle the political situation i austria. at the moment,we have some kind of "nazi" wave. 

I am sorry to tell you this, but the most of austrians dont lik people from other coutrys. dont move to the countryside, better to the city.

on the coumtryside it is hard to get acsept from the other people, even as an autrian.

if you have any questions, you can ask me everytime.

greetings

Hi! Yes, you would cope with the change, but would have to swat up your Austro-German language skills. Planning to live in Vienna? Or Graz? Both beautiful cities with fantastic transport systems. Jobs no problem with people with no experience. Yes, you have  to register, first at your local council, then eventually at another office to get living/work permissions. As US citizens, you may also need to apply for a visa, but make sure you state that you will stay longer than 3 months! Good luck! Costs are a little higher than in England, but generally not too bad.