Need Help

Hello All.

I am from Pakistan and want to study  in Dublin, so please guide me which school is best for an International student? I've one more question in current situations easy to move in Ireland? i mean should i get part time job easily?

Your advices and suggestion would highly appreciated

Thanks

I did a study abroad semester in Limerick, so I can't advise you in choosing a college.

I also did a work program for a summer. The work visa I got was specifically for students, but only lasted for about 4 or 5 months, so that probably won't help you in finding work while you're in college.

USIT were a really good resource for me. Here's their website: http://www.usit.ie/

They do travel stuff for students. I'm not sure what information they'll have on their website for what you're looking for specifically, but I bet if you contacted them with questions, they'd be more than happy to help you.

Hi Mrrrrow

Thanks for your reply, i visited your given website and i also contacted them hopefully they will consider on my case. Meanwhile i also checked Griffith College its also a great college for International.

I am applying for Undergraduate degree so i think Griffith would be best for me.

Cool, good luck! What are you planning to study?

Hi, Mrrrrow

Thanks, Well I am planning to study BSc(Hons)in Computing Science.

By the way what are you doing in Ireland now? you study or doing Job?

I'm not in Ireland yet. I'm planning to move there next January. :)

bro are u in Dublin now ?

You won't get a job because of the Euro-Zone debt crisis affecting Ireland - it's next to impossible to find any job right now. Ireland is also in recession now. Thus, it's not very easy to move to Ireland at present. I would recommend Germany if Computing Science is your preferred career: these jobs are being unfilled over there. Studying Computing Science in Germany would be cheaper and easier than Ireland because of budget cuts impacting the Irish education system.

You will have to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau and they have a monetary requirement you must meet.  They require you to prove that you have 800 euro per month saved up to pay for your living expenses.

What do you want to study?  Dublin has Trinity College, University College Dublin (UCD), Dublin City University (DCU) and Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) to name a few.  Getting a part-time job is not recommended, just focus on school.  It will be expensive to come here; you won't want to waste your time flipping burgers when you have exams in Genetics and Calculus the next day.  I think you can really only do one or the other:  Study or work.  Doing both will drive you crazy and your grades will suck.