Selling/ bringing/ trading/ a minibus in/to Morocco...

Hi - this is my first post, sorry its very direct but it may lead to many other posts and who knows - the start of an adventure!

Hi/ Bonjour to everyone, and Happy new year/ Bonne année et bonne santé :-)

So, I currently have this minibus here, in England, and it's no longer allowed to be inside the London 'Low Emissions Zone' so I have to find a new home for it. Its been to Serbia via France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Czech Rep, Holland: its even been to Wales and Cornwall - so its well travelled but not knackered yet!

I have been to Morocco a couple of times, and it seems like the perfect vehicle for the country (from my taxi/ transport experiences) - 17 seats (with seatbelts) but I'm sure you could get many more people than that into it!

I was wondering if anyone there can give me any contacts to see if I can sell/trade the van there? It's not in the most amazing condition, but it runs fine and as its an old Leyland can be repaired quick and easy by any of the mechanics up and down Morocco.

I don't want to scrap it, as is suggested here, as it has a lot of years left of its life, it is more fuel efficient than some more recent minibuses I have driven, and I'd like to see it continue it's life. If you have any idea's or interest, please let me know or pass this message along!

Thanks,

Martin

P.s - I am happy to drive this van down to Morocco, as much for the adventure than the saving on sending it via sea/ ect.

P.p.s - I'm not even sure if I can bring it to the country or how I would (I'd be interested to find a way) - the trade of a small cabin somewhere near the sea or on roof somewhere would be far fetched, but ideal.

Hi,

don't think about it - there is a huge tax levied on any vehicle being imported to morocco, the older the vehicle, the higher the sum. If you take it in, you will have to take it back out again or they will not let you leave.

sorry to bring bad news.

no no - thats great for letting me know, was just an idea.

how about sending it via sea, like a proper import? and why is the tax so high?

thanks,

martin