Urgently looking for a job

I live in KL, I am a professor of Russian language (and Polish and Ukrainian) from Croatia and I am seeking any job, I mean any job, cause in one year here I was working in the restaurant as a washdisher, I was manager of taxi service for a Datuk who was arrested few days ago, I was working for three Malay companies, and they didn't pay me my salary, I am desperate, really! I need money to pay my rent and food. My email is [email protected], I am qualified, I am hardworking and I am smart, I met only bad people here who cheated me, don't judge me - listen to my story first, contact me through my email. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to forum vedra!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Kuala Lumpur classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

kindly send me ur CV at [email protected] and mention expat-blog mate as subject.

Regards.

Hello Vedra,

If you are really a professor of Russian language as what you acclaimed, I believed that you must be very good at it!

I therefore, suggest that you consider to become a part-time or free lancer of translator (writing or spoken). You could make some money here and there..

Try to contact companies that offer translation services by exposing your-selves to them. They may have some translation jobs (written or spoken) for you (if not full time, perhaps part-time on ad-hock basis). However, if they have translation job for you, ask for 50% down-payment before you commit yourself to do the translation. The balance could be paid when the job is completed.

From my experience or at least from what I know of, it is quite difficult to find  the translator in English-Russian-English or Scadanivian-English-Scadanavian in Malaysia. Normally, if I have this request, or could not find the translator for “specific” language, I would contact : Institute Terjemahan Negara Malaysia.

Feel free to contact me if you need further inquiry : [email protected]

Mrs de RIJK

Hi, yes I really am a professor of Russian, Polish and Ukrainian languages and literature, I have my original university diploma, and yes, I am excellent in what I do! I am a good translator, writer and teacher. I had a job at the University in Zagreb, I was also a proofreader for Croatian and Russian...

I was looking for the job you are suggesting here many times in KL, but I had no luck: I left my ads here and there (papers, Internet, blogs, colleges...) but nothing...
I don't know really if that is happening to anyone here, I seriously doubt that tough, what I believe is that somehow I am chronically without a luck in the past year and a half...
I can't wait to go back to my country; here in all that time I lost my confidence, because so many people played me, cheated me, and in some way I feel responsible and guilty for being so naive and trustful, even stupid... I was not ashamed to work in the restaurant at the end, washing dishes and cleaning the toilets, but even for that work I wasn't paid, I was just used and used and used all the time, so I am asking myself, what is wrong with me? It is not only that this country totally sucks, it is about me and my attitude, they broke me here...literally... I lost everything here, I mean in material sense, but I don't care anymore, I just want to live normally, earn a decent living, and that seems impossible here, in this country. Am I going to have anything to eat tomorrow? I have 200RM left and still no job, I have to pay the rent in 7 days or we are on the street, and on top of that my husband is ill and I can't buy medicines... I am praying. It is all I can do.
Thank you for contacting me, Mrs Rijk.

Hello Vedra,

Last week,I saw the ad that one company is looking for Russian Speaking Translator, I am not either they have hired someone or not..

I also could introduce you to one of Translator Company, which belongs to some one I know. You could try to send your resume to him though I could not guarantee either they have a job for you in a week time. For this company, you could quote my name, if you want.

I am very sorry to hear your story! and I am awaiting for your e-mail if you still want it

Mrs de RIJK

so sorry about your situation. I want you to keep the past behind you. Life is sometimes like that. But do not be dismayed. there is still light at the end of the tunnel. just brace yourself. coming to public fora such as this to unearth your life may not be the best solution. just keep your fingers crossed, keep your head high. dont lose courage. 99% of our failure result from our quitting too soon. dont also lose confidence in people because of what some disgruntled individuals have done to you. there are still good people. try this comapny and see if you can get a job from them. nikmatelectronics.com