Advice needed

Hi all

So my company have confirmed my secondment to Ghana for a while and now i need a little advice if anyone can help.

Accomodation: My company has given me an allowance of $3,000 per month. Firstly is this enough for a decent, modern and safe apartment around the Airport/Embassies district?

How much on average should energy bills be per month? Sat/Cable TV and broadband?

I've heard Cantonments is somewhere i should look at, can anyone who lives there give me their opinion on this location amd where i else i should look at that is similar in quality/security in the local vicinity?

Salary is $7k a month, again is this realistic?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Sounds like you will find it very easy to live in Accra on that salary with the accommodation allowance. Osu, Labone, Cantoments are all going to be within your reach and you should find what you are looking for in those areas.
We pay GHc50 per month for our internet but it did cost a bit for the initial set up.
DSTV is around US80 per month for the premium service and again you will have to get the equipment and set it up so that will be an initial expense but people sell it when they leave. If you look on various websites - accraexpat, ghanaweb, businessghana you might find furnished accommodation which includes DSTV and internet as if you are only here for 6 months it doesn't seem worth you buying all the things you will need. Also a lot of landlords want 2 years rent up front and you want something more short term

I went on googletrader ghana and found this listing. The property is in East Legon which is also a reasonable area although it is a bit out of central Accra.
Two bedroom@ East Legon for US$70 per night. Has standby generator and water tanks is fully furnished with internet and DSTV and you can also get a laundry service and b/breakfast if you require it. I'm sure you can negotiate a better price for 6 months.
the email is [email protected] or ring Kwabena 0244292219
I'm sure you will find similar places in different areas of Accra
Hope this helps

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me, its really appreciated!

I have a couple of weeks grace in a hotel while i look for an apartment but i agree, i dont want the hassle of buying furniture etc so a fully equipped place would be excellent.

Thanks again and happy new year

Dean

What job were you offered,was the job been offered from ghana or dubai.