At the verge of a hard decision: Pune?

Hi Pune community!

Me and my wife are two Turkish citizens from Izmir. She has now been offered a tempting position in the global service center of her company, at Pune. Frankly, we have never heard of the city before. That's quite normal, as I am pretty sure noone in Pune ever heard of our city Izmir before. Still a big world :)

Here is the issue, although Indian culture is quite charming for both of us, Turkey and India are still two diverse countries. SO we feel concerned about how to get involved into the city life in Pune. We might find a path...However, can you pls share some headlines from your own experiense. What were the hardest and what were better than you have foreseen?

Another issue is about me. She is securing her place but I'll still need a job. I have a BA degree of International Relations from a reputable university. Further, been working for, like 7 years. Do you think I can find a job there? As a job seeker in Pune w/o knowing the native language(or languages, as there are many)...

Thanks in advance for your helping hands.
Cheers!
Tuna.

Pune is a very good city with all MNC International companies and people there are very friendly nature. You will enjoy the life in pune(Poona). Its not compulsory keen to know Marathi Language
( Native Language)You can easily get a job in hand depends on your experience

About job for self you need to take assistance of employer of your spouse. May be they can help you as without Work Permit it will be difficult to get a job. As for living in Pune (Poona)it is a good city and just 3 hours away from Mumbai. It is also a chosen city for retired life. People are educated,decent and helpful.

I can help you get a job once you are in Pune, rest Pune is the best in all accepts

Hmm, nice to read everybody is so enthusiastic about Pune!! I'm moving there (probably) in August this year to work for my (Indian) employer.

As I do not know the city yet, can anybody give some ideas about good/nice neighbourhoods to live? My Indian colleagues are really happy about and advice me to find an apartment in a guarded complex with a lot of facilities inside the 'compound'. This actually doesn't attract me that much...
I'm very interested in your experience with housing and neighbourhoods in Pune? Any advice on nice area's?

many thanks in advance!
jelmer

Hey dude, pleasure to hear that you coming to Pune, Which location is your office so we can help you get a good residential apartment nearby.  Get in touch.

I will suggest Koregaon Park or Kalyani Nagar as there are many expats staying with cosmopolitan culture. Of course Pune is very nice and safe place , I am staying there since 20 years.
Cheers......
Best Luck.....

yes off course you can get..but that depends which company u were working for and whats was your work there...and if your wife is in a I.T COMPANY THEN u should look for public relation officer job in I.T  firms...for any other help do ask me..take care and welcome to india

Pune is really cool city to be in.
There are few people from Turkey in Pune.
many foreigners living here from long time.
You can get job mostly with Expat & relocation companies in Pune.
You can Google them
there are quite a few.
No need of language learning to survive as many people speak English.

Pune is very safe and quite good place with cosmopolitan culture.Many expats are located in area called Koregaon Park, Osho Ashram is situated there.You can find on google about OSHO.
http://www.osho.com/visit

You can find job in international corporate companies and star Hotels.Any help do not hesitate,I am moving Doha Qatar, Next week.
Best luck.

Ramesh