Did anyone went an extra mile for you here in E-B Riyadh lately?

I just want to know.

Because someone was so sweet (I wouldn't mention his/her name), he/she went ahead and sent me a whole large Pizza (from a famous Pizza store). Having someone do this from whom you don't really personally know is SOMETHING that is wholeheartedly appreciated- it totally erased misconceptions and racism/judgments. He/she did not ask for anything "serious" or "morally-foul" favor in return, but really, he/she just wanted to share some random favor and went ahead and did something good for someone... a complete stranger like me :)

ps. now I am seriously contemplating on how I could possible pay it forward to someone :)

For you my new found friend, my deepest and sincerest GRATITUDE! :) a million blessings for you in return! :)

Great to know & thanks for sharing of course.

Social networking is not something very old but it has changed a LOT of things. And in my view, it will keep growing & casting impact on our daily lives. After all, whenever amazing people are involved in something, we must expect wonders. :)

Cheers

I agree. :D

I've received ALOT of good hints and tips on E-B, and a TON of help from my co workers here on the DQ.  Without this help, my first week here would have been WAY more hectic and confusing.

Thanks for all the helpful hints (where to shop, where to order food from, where to get electronics, etc)

I appreciate everyone on here for the hints and help I received.

Happy 2012 all

E

I will end your confusion, forward it to me ;)

riyadh11 wrote:

I just want to know.

Because someone was so sweet (I wouldn't mention his/her name), he/she went ahead and sent me a whole large Pizza (from a famous Pizza store). Having someone do this from whom you don't really personally know is SOMETHING that is wholeheartedly appreciated- it totally erased misconceptions and racism/judgments. He/she did not ask for anything "serious" or "morally-foul" favor in return, but really, he/she just wanted to share some random favor and went ahead and did something good for someone... a complete stranger like me :)

ps. now I am seriously contemplating on how I could possible pay it forward to someone :)

For you my new found friend, my deepest and sincerest GRATITUDE! :) a million blessings for you in return! :)

Monotheist wrote:

I will end your confusion, forward it to me ;)

riyadh11 wrote:

I just want to know.

done man, I have forwarded it to many people already :) hehehe :)

ok ok ill be also a nice guy and ill invite to a cup of coffee? wat do you say?  :P

Ackeles wrote:

ok ok ill be also a nice guy and ill invite to a cup of coffee? wat do you say?  :P

I am just a message away my friend :D hehe :) I will be at Panorama 6:30pm onwards later... there are more than 4 coffee shops there :)

riyadh11 wrote:
Ackeles wrote:

I am just a message away my friend :D hehe :) I will be at Panorama 6:30pm onwards later... there are more than 4 coffee shops there :)

sure why not .. ^_^ anyone else wana join .. coffee on me :D

Date, time ? :D

Thanks much for the coffee Ackeles! :) woohooo! :)

riyadh11 wrote:

Thanks much for the coffee Ackeles! :) woohooo! :)

you are welcome mate, it was fun to meet new people.
i would love to do it again with more people .. like we all go meet in a coffee or restaurant or something .. :)

Ackles, are you ignoring me? :'(

Monotheist wrote:

Ackles, are you ignoring me? :'(

lol!
im not .. but i didnt see your comment .. :D
im up for coffee or something like it ..
drop me a msg to meet up :)

The extra mile, eh?  Well, a general comment I must make is how very nice all the clerks are in the stores and how they seem to go above and beyond.

Example:  I was at IKEA and wanted to buy some bamboo plants.  I was picking out a few when I asked a salesman about the difference between the dark green and light green.  There were a couple hundred sitting there but they were a bit 'beraggled' and I was trying to pick out the best ones when he said for me to wait.  He went into the storage room and brought back three fresh ones for me.

He didn't have to do that.  I didn't expect it and wouldn't have been the wiser if he hadn't done it.  But he did it and I appreciate his kindness.

This example isn't an isolated incident.

Alliecat wrote:

The extra mile, eh?  Well, a general comment I must make is how very nice all the clerks are in the stores and how they seem to go above and beyond.

Example:  I was at IKEA and wanted to buy some bamboo plants.  I was picking out a few when I asked a salesman about the difference between the dark green and light green.  There were a couple hundred sitting there but they were a bit 'beraggled' and I was trying to pick out the best ones when he said for me to wait.  He went into the storage room and brought back three fresh ones for me.

He didn't have to do that.  I didn't expect it and wouldn't have been the wiser if he hadn't done it.  But he did it and I appreciate his kindness.

This example isn't an isolated incident.

there is lots of kind and good people here as there is also bad and insanely stupid people.. like everywhere in the world ..

but generally the people here are great :)

You are lucky he got you 3 fresh ones, others don't even get replied properly.

And yeah Allie, I think you misunderstood the topic Riyadh meant "Did anyone went an extra mile for you here in E-B(Expat.com) Riyadh lately?"

I read it correctly--but decided to enlarge on the topic lol

Because people ARE extraordinarily nice to me here :)

Alliecat wrote:

I read it correctly--but decided to enlarge on the topic lol

Because people ARE extraordinarily nice to me here :)

with this cute cat pic you have as dsp ofc everyone have to be nice with you :P

Yeah I can understand that. :P When I posted an introduction in the forum I got 3 welcome message. (Including your)

And when I checked it in detail :P:P All girls got tons time more replies then me. :D What a racist world :P lol

Not 'racist' .. sexist.

BUT.. the welcomes you got were sincere.   The welcomes females get are "I want to get in your pants" welcomes :lol:

Now, wouldn't you rather have the sincere ones? :top:

Thanks for your warm welcome Allie, really respect that :D

And thanks for the correction. True, sexist,

Id prefer the sincere ones, as my tight jeans would be hard for any one to get in....lol

Alliecat wrote:

Not 'racist' .. sexist.

BUT.. the welcomes you got were sincere.   The welcomes females get are "I want to get in your pants" welcomes :lol:

Now, wouldn't you rather have the sincere ones? :top:

hahahahahahahaha! do you really get welcomes like that? xD

Monotheist stick to the sincere one i advice lol!

Monotheist wrote:

When I posted an introduction in the forum I got 3 welcome message. (Including your)

Actually, you only got one.  Being welcomed by the moderator doesn't count and I never actually welcomed you--I thanked you  lol

Stop laughing on my welcomes :nothappy::lol:

How many did you get? :P

Well, I'm one of the 'founding' members.  When I first came onboard, this forum wasn't much.  Basically just Salman and Musicman, both of whom welcomed me hardily (SINCERE welcomes!) :lol:

hmm .. i didn't post any welcoming topic .. do i need to make one to see how many welcomes i would get .. :P

any way .. welcome Monotheist and Alliecat so you add it to your welcomes xD

And both of them were moderators, so you got 0 welcome ;):P lol

And yeah, i was asking ackles to stop laughing, meanwhile you  posted in between.

Not true! Salman is only an 'animator' and musicman a member!  Now, when you consider they were the only two here, I got 100% welcomes! :P

I wish Mr. Julian would have given moderarot rights to senior members like them. :P only by that way ud have only recieved Ackele's welcome here. :P

By the way what is Animator? (And what are other statuses here?)

He's supposed to 'animate' the forum; ie. stimulate and encourage posting.

However, he took a hiatus like I did so he's not around too much lately.