Got job in Brunei - need tips

Hi all,

I got a job in Brunei and would like to know the below, before I can accept the offer.

1.  My dad is sick in UK.  Is it possible to leave Brunei to travel to London, if he dies suddenly?  Do we need any special permissions?

2. How about getting 'leave' if parents die? is it paid? or unpaid?

3. I got only 3yr contract.  Do you think it is too short? what happens if 3yr complete?  Am i supposed to leave or can I get the next one easily?

4. My gf may want to visit me in Brunei for 1 or 2 months (not beyond that).  How to apply/ process visa for her?

The food is pants and much more expensive than in England and is pants, be sure to bring your own stuff, everything in Brunei is FAKE. Yes even shaving razors.

How to get job offer from local companies. particularly in systems and network administration

ganilkumar85 wrote:

How to get job offer from local companies. particularly in systems and network administration

You come from Bangalore which is a massive hub for technology companies and a vastly improving economic outlook. And then you want to work in Brunei where there is probably 3 such companies in the whole country? You need your head examining.

hello people,i am Rami from australia-sydney,im a sous chef working with a catering company based in sydney university,iám planning to move to brunei for work and living ,i know a little bit about brunei , just need someone who lives at the moment in brunei to tell me more about life in there ...thanks everyone

Indians dont normally get work here. There are a lot in the construction industry building, well trying to. Not much being built. If you are looking to work for RBA, can't think of any other catering company here thats worth mentioning, then know that should you step on the wrong toes, your IC is immediately cancelled and you have 24 hours to leave the country. Oh yeah thats if you manage to get your IC, its about a 6-8 hour wait, and you will be sat among the Filipino maids/workmen. Why dont you stay put, least you have some rights in Aus.

sandraenglandlondon wrote:

Indians dont normally get work here. There are a lot in the construction industry building, well trying to. Not much being built. If you are looking to work for RBA, can't think of any other catering company here thats worth mentioning, then know that should you step on the wrong toes, your IC is immediately cancelled and you have 24 hours to leave the country. Oh yeah thats if you manage to get your IC, its about a 6-8 hour wait, and you will be sat among the Filipino maids/workmen. Why dont you stay put, least you have some rights in Aus.

mmmmmm...you are too negative for everythin...anyway ....thanks...

sandraenglandlondon wrote:

The food is pants and much more expensive than in England and is pants, be sure to bring your own stuff, everything in Brunei is FAKE. Yes even shaving razors.

the airport is wide open for expats to go home , if thy feel they
are not happy and contented in their present situation.

Hi

I am teacher of English as Foreign Language, I'm semi-retired, over 55.
Can I get a job for a year or two in Brunei ?