Move to Bulgaria

I am british and would like to move to Bulgaria if anybody could provide useful info...thanks

Hi alibongoo and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads of the forum. It may help.;)

You may also take a look at the articles in our participative guide.
Here is the link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/bulgaria/.;)

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

hi Alibongoo,

If you would like to ask any specific questions, then I will be happy to answer in any that I can, and help you with your research into moving to Bulgaria.
We have been here since 2007, and have learnt alot, most the hard way. We have a seven year old daughter, so we know alot about the school system, health care system and general living here.
We are based in Popovo, which is about 1.2 hours from Varna, but is an area full of countryside, greenery and nature.

If I can help you at all, then please let me know.
Gemma

Hi Gemma,
Hope you are well and had a good christmas etc etc.... I have lots questions really but the main,
What is the area like that you live in ?
Are the schools good for english children ?
What is the crime like ?
Is it as great as it sounds there ?

Thanks Alison
[email protected]

Hi Alison

The area is lovely. Full of countryside, fresh clean air, little traffic. Great for kids, to be kids.
Great fertile soil, to become self sustainable, and it is lovely for our daughter, to be part of it, picking fresh veg from the garden. The people are great and could not help you more.

My daughter is 7, and goes to the village school, where she is the only expat, but they are great. She has been in school for over three years, so is fluent. But she does extra Bulgarian lessons, and stays for homework club after school.
She also does Ballet lessons in the town, and there are lots of kids around this area, so she enjoys to play and be a kid.

Crime is very low. We have never had a problem, if you integrate int he village, and they know you and your family, they will look after you. We have never had things stolen, and we dont worry about locking doors and windows all the time, which is nice.

I love it here, and there is no chance of me going back to the uk, i have found my place in the world, and it is so nice to say that it is Bulgaria.

If you need anything else, then please let me know.

Gemma