Ovens in HCMC

Hello everyone. I've been going nuts trying to find an apartment with proper space for a 60 cm oven. Was originally planning on bringing the oven from home but to save on hassle I am wondering if the oven situation has changed in HCMC? Was hoping to get a free standing range with convection oven that is 60 cm. Also repairs, is there any repair service available these days? Thanks!  (would be better to finalize on an apartment with an actual oven in it...)

swampophelia wrote:

Hello everyone. I've been going nuts trying to find an apartment with proper space for a 60 cm oven. Was originally planning on bringing the oven from home but to save on hassle I am wondering if the oven situation has changed in HCMC? Was hoping to get a free standing range with convection oven that is 60 cm. Also repairs, is there any repair service available these days? Thanks!  (would be better to finalize on an apartment with an actual oven in it...)

Hello there!

Welcome to HCMC! Well things are really improving here in HCMC, that you can almost get anything locally. Just need to know where to find em'. I actually bought an oven here. You can buy your oven from Nguyen Kim plaza along Trung Hung Dao street in district 1.

As for the baking supplies, cake tins and the all the other stuff, you can head to 60, Ham Nghi Street. There's this shop called Western Food Grocery Shop. They have all the imported products and as well as baking
supplies that you can think off!

Hope this clears your doubt happy shopping and baking ;)

Sheena.