Scottish girl new to KL and looking for friends!

Hi I am a 27 year old Scottish girl just moved over to KL 8 weeks ago with my boyfriend.  He works during the day and we have no kids so most of the time I am at home with my two dogs.

Finding it quite difficult to meet people around Bangsar area to hang out with as I have never lived outside Scotland before. Does anyone know of any women's groups around this area? Also are there any dog walking groups or anything similar?

Love having nights out at bars etc but most expats I seem to meet have children so cannot come out during the evening without them.

Please feel free to contact me if you are a female and looking for a new friend!

Hello Dinkymuffins and welcome to Expat.com!

Good luck in your new life!;)

Harmonie.

I am also looking for new friends.

good luck

i know a scottish lady in my cell group (though she's way beyond your age - her daughter's like 5 years younger than you or something).

too bad i'm a guy - otherwise i can join your gathering

welcome to Malaysia.
properly u can travel around KL & Petaling Jaya(PJ) areas, to dig more info and suit urself in surrounding~

Hey there! I would love to meet up with you during the day to chat to you about your experience of living in KL. I'm from Sydney Australia. Would you be interested in meeting up? Please email me on [email protected]
Thanks!
Renee

Hey you!

I was born in KL but never lived here and I arrived about 4 months ago, so I've been meeting new friends in the city from everywhere in the world, especially lots of English people! hahaha...if you ever want to hang out with us...drop me a message!

(:

count me in..when will be the meeting?

Hi all! I would like to meet female expats only at the moment until I know KL better. Thanks for contacting me!

Dinkymuffins wrote:

Hi all! I would like to meet female expats only at the moment until I know KL better. Thanks for contacting me!

Haha...guess you have been getting lots of male fans!
I'm British and have been out here over a year now...still love it. Unfortunately I'm the one working but if you fancy meeting up for a coffee in midvalley during my lunch break i'd be very happy to. Sorry, I'm another older married with kid, but If you fancy it then send me a PM and i'll send you my contact details.

Jo

Hi, hope you have found some new friends here.  Take a look around KL.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Yh3Mbk6Og

Cheers!

Hey Scottish Count me in plz

Hi, I'm also from Scotland and am moving over to Kuala Lumpur in 13 weeks time. I am also a bit worried about meeting friends and finding things to do with my time. I am married, 36 and have 4 children however as they will all be at school all day will be on my own most of the time. Also just because i have kids it doesn't stop me going out of an evening and weekend, infact my job here in Aberdeen is a self employed singer around the pubs and clubs and has been for 13 years so my lot are used to me being out evening and weekends lol. Please feel free to get in touch as it's all going to be totally new to me aswell and could use all the help settling in as possible x

Hi Wenders

Welcome to Malaysia as I can wish you in advance. There is nothing to be worried about as Malaysian people are friendly and you can making friends with no time. Where are you going to stay? Are you going to work here too? Please let me know when is your arrival so we can catch up.

Hey wenders, yeah would love to meet up once u are here. Where abouts are u guys staying?

Hi Dinkymuffins / Wenders,

I'm not female expat but married to d scots with a 4 yrs old wee lassie, I live, studied and worked in the UK for 15 years, been staying in Fraserburgh for 2-3 years, in laws in Perth.

Malaysian ppl aren't that bad, PM me I can share you some local info.

Welcome to Malaysia.:)

Hello there,

There are many associations for each expats in Malaysia. L'Association Francophone de Malaisie, for instance, is the associations of French Women Expats. Majority of the members are the wife of French Expats in Malaysia and they organise events, talks, networking activities for the members and activities among family members. It is "good" way to stay connected with your "own group" since you will share same culture, language, etc..

I am not sure either there is an Association of Scottish in Malaysia or not, however, there is an  Association of British Women in Malaysia..!, The Royal Society of St. George or St Andrew's Society (which I think this is more for you as this  Society's aims include fostering of matters of Scottish interest, the celebration of St. Andrew's Day and the organisation of social events for their members)

So, if you don't mind, you could contact any of them above.

Good luck!
Mrs de RIJK

i am from france also in KL welcome everyone :)

lol... inbox me if you have any plan..

Expat girls, i'm gonna set up a group on meetup, maybe we can plan out  a couple of meet ups from there :)

expat girl?? aint gotch you?

[Moderated: Expat.com is far away from being a dating website where looking for a girlfriend is an option]

I am from somali citizen live in Malaysia,searching for new friends world wide

I am in kulalumpur too,male,how can i help you?

Hi there Pakistani Guy Looking for some nice friends. if you have time lets meet up sfeel free to contact me  :)

Hello i'm African can we meet up?

I am looking for exactly kind of people you mentioned. It makes two of us. If interested we can meetup on weekend anytime or weekdays after 6pm.

give me your contact number let me ring u

BonChucks1982 wrote:

give me your contact number let me ring u

To all the hopeful gentlemen

The OP was a very long time ago and the poster hasn't visited the forum for 5 years.

Closed