Need to be a self employed to pay taxes in Belgium?

Hi all,

I'm moving to Brussels and I would like to know if I can pay my taxes in Belgium. I have a limited company in an EU country, my client is in the UK but I provide my services in Belgium.
I don't have a salary, instead I only get dividends from my company.

With this situation, would I be able to pay my income taxes in Belgium? What would be the amount to pay?

Thanks in advanced!

Hello,

If you apply for residency to get a resident's card (to be able to get a telephone, health insurance etc) you will need to pay your taxes in Belgium.

I had a similar experience, I have a limited co in the UK and my clients are in Italy. To get my residency though I had to prove that I was paying social security in Belgium - which I have to warn you, you have to pay asap and it's quite high (starts at about 200 euro a month if you don't have another job). This meant that I had to set up a VAT number and be self employed...

You really need to speak to a good accountant. Unfortunately I don't have one!

Good luck!

P.S. For tips on residency, take a look at my blog post : http://wp.me/p16e2x-C

Thank you for the info. It has been very helpful.

I'll try to find a good accountant as it seems to be a bit complicated.

Hi,

I think it all depends on details on your "living & working" situation. Maybe my answer is too late.... In my modest opinion if your company is registered in Dublin (eg) and that's the address on the invoice and the bankaccount is in Dublin, then you pay income tax in Ireland. Unless you move your company (officialy the seat) to BE...

I also run my own business reg. in BE, having clients in BE and in PL. So, I pay here the social security (for full self employment it's a lot and keeps on growing with years) and all taxes and insurances but if I go for 6 mths to work from PL, on paper nothing changes. I won't have to suddenly pay my income tax in PL. Why would I? It all depends...

The best thing is to find a good accountant + inform at the social security (there are few different) + insurance metters, etc.

Good luck Edes!