Beautiful puppies available for adoption now in the north.

Hi everyone, I visited the new PAWS facility at Vale today and they have many puppies available for adoption.  Many different types, ages, colours and they are absolutely gorgeous!  Also a couple of small puppies and very young dogs who have been injured or perhaps abused and desperately need homes.

Please help if you can, these gorgeous little creatures need good homes as soon as possible.

They also need volunteers to help with caring for the dogs and donations of food, bedding etc as well as cash to cover the cost of sterilisations.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Hi HeyJude, as you know, you may also post an advert in Mauritius classifieds > community section/ pets.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie, I wasn't really thinking of it as an advert but I guess you are right I could do that - or better still someone from PAWS could do it.  Thanks.

Hi Jude,
Hope you are well :)

Regarding PAWS - I arrived here 16th August and have emailed, phoned and also spoken to local volunteer offering to do volunteer work a few days a week for them - but I have heard nothing :(

Spoke to a lady at cascavelle the other week, she was collecting for PAWS and she told me they are desperate for volunteers.

I became a member and ticked all the volunteer boxes on the membership form - had an email back to say welcome, money rec but no mention of my offer.

Other than turning up on their doorstep what else can I do
(I have recently taken in a puppy (Ruby) found on the roadside in Bambous)

Best Wishes
Dee

HI Rosie, Ruby is one lucky puppy to have found you.

I really do not know what to say about PAWS, I think they just completely lack organisation - no offence meant.  When I went to the new facility in the Vale, they were so clearly overun with puppies and the ladies working there were visibly stressed out and looking like they could use all the volunteers they could get.  How they organise their volunteers I have not idea. If i did not work full time I probably would turn up on their doorstep and do what I could.

The whole situation is just so sad.  Shopping in Grand Baie today I saw quite a number of un-neutered male dogs just in the Super U car park - I don't know what the solution is but something has to be done.

Hi Rosiewestie

I think I would try phoning them again and then just turn up on the doorstep.

Rosiewestie wrote:

Hi Jude,
Hope you are well :)

Regarding PAWS - I arrived here 16th August and have emailed, phoned and also spoken to local volunteer offering to do volunteer work a few days a week for them - but I have heard nothing :(

Spoke to a lady at cascavelle the other week, she was collecting for PAWS and she told me they are desperate for volunteers.

I became a member and ticked all the volunteer boxes on the membership form - had an email back to say welcome, money rec but no mention of my offer.

Other than turning up on their doorstep what else can I do
(I have recently taken in a puppy (Ruby) found on the roadside in Bambous)

Best Wishes

Hi
I was just wondering if you have had any success with PAWS. Like you, I also live in Tamarin and I am considering becoming involved with PAWS.

Best  wishes

Dee