Family (with kiddies) get togethers or similar?

Hi,
Being an expat brit father, just realized (typical, I know) that my 2 little treasures can only get so much from their English Dad and 'cos Spanish is spoken at home, I'm suddenly more in a minority (2 girls+Mum vs Dad at home).
I've seen a few topics along the same lines, but was wondering if any thing is organized and/or planned to hook up and just go grab a coffee or a walk in el Rio where they can run merry hell and scream away. Weekends probably best as it's getting a little chilly in the evening, but hey, a coffee or wander around a shopping centre is just as convenient.

Anyone?
rgds
Keith.

Hello,

Slightly off topic. We are an American family with 2 children ourselves. Ages 6 and 3, just curious what area of Valencia you live in. We are searching online for areas, of course we want to be close to some English speaking families and not close to the night life.    And how cold is is getting at night???

Any information would be helpful,
Cheers!!

Hi,
Valencia, Valencia. We're near Alboraya and walks around 7 in the evening need to be brief or on the way somewhere. Around 10ºC maybe even a little less. Best check aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/localidades.

For night life hot spots, typical areas are Aragon, Juan Llorens, but of course, treat it with tenderhooks, as, with the little ones, I've put the nightlife aside a bit now. Alot of ppl look for places out of Valencia, La Eliana, even Liria, and so on, but if u need to be in town daily, public transports leaves a little to be desired n parking's not easy nor cheap.

Thanks. We will be making a move in June 2013. Considered Valencia, Tenerife, Buenos Aires.

Valenica is so wonderful and beautiful. We have heard that things have made a turn for the worse in the past 12 months. Reports here in the U.S. is that there is strong support and hope in the new Prime minister.

Hope being the right word, but to be honest, I hope you're not going to be job hunting, cos it's definately nowhere near the best time. And the new president has his work cut out, same as the previous one... find funding from god knows where, although, we all know where from.. Robin Hood time, with no hero... i.e. taxes be increased, reduced social benefits, tighten belt, etc.. and that's a non-political stance...

We are employed. Its my husbands company has offices there. When we first started this quest, SPain was a better place to be than the U.S. now, they seem equal. The difference being Spain actually tightens the belt on all classes. The U.S. squeezes the poor and is disolving the middle class. Soon you will either be doing very well, or really poorly.

Thanks for the note