Moving

Hey my name is Oscar I'm from USA and I'm trying to move to brazil on 2013 and I really want to know if you can help me I want to know how hard is to live there and how hard is to work there I really want to know everything about the country hope to heard from you and I hope you can help me!!

Hello Oscar and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

Hi Oscar,

Brazil is such a wonderful place. Life, in cities like Rio de Janeiro, is kinda laid back and easy going.

You may find it a little hard to find a local job. I would suggest to find one before coming here. Especially, if you dont speak Portuguese.

It's also expensive here. Compared to where I came from, everything cost twice or thrice as much. But I came from a 3rd world country so that's already expected. But some Americans, I met, said it's much expensive to live here than the US.

Major cities have problems with street crimes. But they are trying to do something about it now. I saw some blogs about how rampant crimes are in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. But for the 3 years that I've been living here in Brazil, fortunately, I never encountered any of these problems. Probably, it's just a matter of knowing the wrong place and the wrong time.

Hi Oscar,

I am an american living in Belo Horioznte, MG, Brazil.  I would be happy to call you on m Vonage pone and spend 30 minutes or so talking with you about the reality here.

Send me your phone number via my [email protected]

Cheers, Douglas Trent

Hello Douglas, to note that this thread is dated 2011. ;)

Aurélie