Jobs conditions at Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.

Hi, I've got a job offer with BMTL, Dar Es Salaam. Does anyone know of the company credentials ?? Is is wise to travel to Dar on the basis of an Offer Letter issued by any company ?? What is the practice on employment terms ??  Should I travel to Tanzania on a Business Visa??? Is the Business Visa available to anyone at the Dar Airport. What r the rents for a 3 bedroom hall flat at the city -centre ???

Someone give inputs please.

Hello ykd3001, your thread has been moved to Dar es Salaam for better visibility.

Harmonie.;)

Well the apartment for rent varies in price, but maximum can be around 300 usd and thats a fancy one, and about the employment contract i will suggest you should contat your employer, they must know all the procedures to follow if they have decided to look for experts outside the country, what i know is that you need a working permit which your company needs to pay for it at the immigration office, and for you to obtain the working visa you will obviously receive a letter of contact before coming which you will have to ask for a visa with it under the started term and period of contract, i hope this will help for info contact your recruiter

I'm a hight school teacher from Russia. I'm invited to Dodoma University. Is it not dangery there? How expensive is everyday life? is the climat is good?
Please, replay, dear friends!
Be glad!
My e-mail: [email protected]:):|:(:|:):):)

ykd3001,
Well if you are not tanzanian citizen your employer will have to apply for a work/residence permit for you. they will have to apply for you at the Ministry of work so they might ask you for a copy of your certificates, passport, pictures etc... in any case they will not need your original passport. Also be aware that it is a long procedure that can take 3 months (it was 3 months for mine). They should start now. Visas are not delivered at the airport if Im not mistaken. You can come with a tourist visa if your worl/residence permit is not ready. An other thing the day you quit your job your residence permit ends too. And the permit allows you to work only with the company who applied. If you change, you will have to go over the procedure again.
Flats are expensive in the city center, lets say aroud 2000 USD if you want to be in the ciy center etc.... I was renting a nice house with 3 bedroom for 900 USD at 10km from city center (so 1 hour drive with the traffic jam).

SvetaL,
I don't know Dodoma as I lived in Dar. I can just tell you that Tanzania is the best place I have ever lived, people are so welcoming. There are dangers like everywhere. So just have a watchman where you live.

anamasai hi friend help me plz i am working in dar  i got 2 yr work permit its 6 month finesh but now i am going india i   got a new job in dar how can i change my work permit my currant employer wont give N O C what can i do now plz guide me

Hi ykd3001

I am looking for job opportunity in Dar es Salaam. I have been working with IT companies for last 5 years in area of software Quality Assurance. audits/consultancy/ CMMI etc.
I see from your post that you work for BTML , please let me know if there are any opportunities in your company where i can be a fit? Infact I am open to work in any other department also.

Could you please help me in this regard.I can forward my resume to you once I hear from you.

Thanks
Jagriti