Few questions about cost of living in Ipoh

Hi all,

i have been offered a job in Finisar as Engineer, in Ipoh. With a pay package of 3500 RM (2500 RM service+500RM Food+400 RM lodging +100RM mobile), going through different websites over the internet, a quiet gloomy picture has came in front of me. I require help from you all. kindly answer the following questions for me.I would be very obliged. As i am single, It would be only me travelling all the way to Ipoh.

1. accommodation prices
2. public transportation fares (taxi, bus etc ...)
3. food prices(per month)
4. energy prices (oil, electricity)
5. common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)
6. prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant
7. prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub
8. price of the cinema

Hi,
Well the cost of living in ipoh is less compared to KL as I was in IPOH for quite long time. You can rent house for RM350 electricity rm 20-30, food for one time would cost you RM5-6 in Indian shops if you visit chinese resturant where you have variety would cost you RM4. Taxi minimum would cost you RM10 but again depends on the distance but there are public transport which is must cheaper but make sure the timings as Public transports are shut after 6pm only few routes operate. If anything please do feel free to mail me.

Hi,
What vijayranjan says is rite..ipoh is much more cheaper compare to KL and its quiet town ..the cost of living is cheep based on accomodation, travelling ,food..entertaiment wise you dont have much choise in Ipoh ..but anyhow Penang and KL is not far from ipoh (appox 2 -3 hours journey).With salary of rm 3500.00 in Ipoh im very sure you can acctually save min 1500 per month depend on your living style..

mohitahuja wrote:

Hi all,

i have been offered a job in Finisar as Engineer, in Ipoh. With a pay package of 3500 RM (2500 RM service+500RM Food+400 RM lodging +100RM mobile), going through different websites over the internet, a quiet gloomy picture has came in front of me. I require help from you all. kindly answer the following questions for me.I would be very obliged. As i am single, It would be only me travelling all the way to Ipoh.

1. accommodation prices

Answer: you can rent a room in 200 to 300Rm and a full house of 3 rooms in 800Rm

2. public transportation fares (taxi, bus etc ...)

Answer: buses are relatively cheap. taxis depend upon ur destination .

3. food prices(per month)

Answer: If u eat only indi food then it will cost u Rm 15 Per day for 2 times including Tea of 1 time. but if u can eat local or chineese food then u can eat good in 12Rm a day in IPOH.

4. energy prices (oil, electricity)
Answer: for a single person the maximum price for 1 room with AC will be 80 thats it.

5. common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)
Answer:  internet can cost u around 150 to 200 a month while mobile dpepends on ur calls but u can survive in Rm 50 a month for mobile.

6. prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

Answer: it depends upon the standard of a restaurant. in McDonalds u can eat in 15Rm but if u go to a pure oriental standard restaurant it can cost u 20 to 30 Rm for 1 time meal.

7. prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

Answer: In Malaysia Cigarettes Beer Alcohol & Coffee is very expensive. 1 bottle of carlsberg in a grocery is 8Rm and HenniKein 11Rm but if u buy this in a Pub both are 25Rm. any good cigarette is not less than 10Rm a coffee at starbucks can cost u 13Rm.

8. price of the cinema

Answer: Cinema is ok worth like 10 to 15 Rm max.

Regards.

Hi, this is quite old but I just want to know if the levy tax and non-resident tax are the same in Malaysia and right now is your company shouldering it? Because I pay 26% of my salary as non-resident tax. I hope you can reply.

Lem

_lithiumBaboy wrote:

Hi, this is quite old but I just want to know if the levy tax and non-resident tax are the same in Malaysia and right now is your company shouldering it? Because I pay 26% of my salary as non-resident tax. I hope you can reply.

Lem

I'm a Malaysian and I also pay 26% tax. What is levy tax btw?

Very rarely your company will be paying for your tax here.