Salary advise

I am an Indian engineer with 10 yrs exp in a large indian national oil and gas company.

I got an offer from  KOC for  Grade 15, maintenance engineer job as follows.

1. Basic     1265
2. Cost of living   94
3. Transport        54
4. Additional        50
housing allowance   170
hsg grant                    230

total  1864.

I understand 1265 is the starting basic in grade 15,  since i have 10 yrs exp, I was eligible for gra.de 16.

Is this a fair offer, should i try and negotiate for more..
As i need to make a decision, requesting early response.

Hi indian-engineer and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look at the different threads of the forum, it may help.;)

I wish you all the best,
Harmonie.:)

KOC is perfect company my advise to you is to accept it and you can earn more when you work on projects many people wish to work in KOC including me :P

so good luck bro

well you are offered pretty good.why do you want to ask for more.they also might give you increment or bonuses or more facilities.

you want to discuss it .do it here.so that others can also be aware of it.

I spoke to some ex-colleagues who now work with KOC, and they told me it was a good offer worth serious consideration.

I am not too greedy and just wanted to know if it was a fair offer smile considering relocation and cost of living costs in Kwt.

KOC did not say anything where new recruits would be posted, but the interview did tend to focus on different stages of project management and construction, so I think recruitment is for a project being implemented, the Jurassic gas field in NK under development come to mind.  so Tarun could be right.

Dear All
I am chief marine engineer. i got an offer from KOC for a marine maintenance engineer with the package of 1783 KD. In the offer letter they have mentioned only about the GRADE 15. they haven't mentioned about the medical insurance, children's education. are they included??. my posting will be in the harbour, how far is the harbour from the city, is there any nearby residential area for family carriage. kindly advice me on the above issue. awaiting for your reply. thank you

chief engineer , I dont think you need to be worried too much. I think these are standard components for direct hire employees.
Ofcourse benefits for expats from the western word may have many more additional components.  In any case you can get it cleared from your recruitment agent

I have heard something about a new port being developed by KOC. In any case, ahmadi, mangaf etc seem to be residential spots where many KOC people live.

hello

i was also selected in the december round of interviews.. i am selected in the reliability department as grade 15 engineer. can u please share waht other inputs u have got regarding the final placement/ life in KOC etc from your contacts.From what I have gathered till now it seems to be a descent offer considering that i have put in 10 years od service in a public oil sector upstream major in india.. please share your thoughts.

regards

Arun

Dear All
I would like share a few doubts with you all, I had applied for a re-issue of my passport, but i had received a visa copy last week and in the visa paper my old passport no is mentioned.kindly advice me wheather i could travel to kuwait with my new passport with the same visa paper. pls suggest me wat other formalities to carry out? awaiting for your reply.

regds

shahul

hai friends

i have a query related to teaching job , i got the offer letter with a salary of 450kd is it suitable pay as per my teaching job.
what range the teachers are getting the salaries in kuwait. if any one know basic idea give the detail of that.