Hello

Hello

Reading the Q&As on this website has made my dream to work in Barbados seem more achievable. I hope to be working the trust administration industry, offshore tax planning etc. I have a million questions of course but thought I should introduce myself intially.

Zowi

Ask away zowi I am sure people will help where they can :)

Hello again and Merry Christmas.  I have not yet visited Barbados and I may not have the opportunity to do so until all the paper work has been sorted out. Can recommend  a few good rental agents to help me to do some research re accomodation?

so you want to live there but you have never been there before? wow! well if you love what you see you will not be disappointed. I love it too and I have been there so many times before that I stopped to count it. Twice a year is minimum for as long as I am nont allowed to live there yet.
So if you have any questions about the island I can help you for sure, as I see that a lot of the members of this forum do not get any responce to their questions. What are you looking for, I did not quite understand you question. You are looking for accom.? long therm or short therm. tell me what exactly. Just ask me anything. I know quite a few people over there.

knuddale

Hi Knuddale
Thank you for your  email. I know it seems mad to move somewhere you have never visited so maybe I should come for a visit. I would like to find out how much I can expect to pay for a one bedroom flat, for example in St Michael which is where I may work if I get the job. Do people live in "secure complexes" or "gated communities" there like you get in South Africa where there is a security entrance for residence only? Or is it more relaxed out there?Do you get serviced complexes with flats and apartments with laundry/gym/pool facilities? I am not sure what to expect and would be grateful for an idea of the range of accomodation I can expect.

Zowi

LOL! Best if you go there first. Barbados is very comfortable and it isn't like in Africa. Far from it. St Michael is definitely where you will find apartments and rooms to rent, though it might be a little more expensive than being somewhere further away from the center. it depends on where you go and if you decide to buy a car. renting in barbados is expensive in general but you can safe money if you accept a bus ride a little longer than 15 minutes.

check this out: barbadospropertylist.com/offer/rentals-long-term/page/2/

there are many more realestate agencies in barbados. like terra realestate, altmann, alleyne...just google it.

knuddale