Brad Mjolsness

Hi There Everyone.
I am trying to find out some information about a freind of my wife and I. He was an American teaching English in Nha Trang,Brad 'Ness' Mjolsness . tradgically we have just forund out that he died in a hotel in August this year 2011. My wife and i would like to find out some further information about what happened to him and would be very gretfull if any of the local or expatriate community would be able to offer some information. We would particulaly like to know where his final resting place is. Please do get in contact if you are able to help.

Hello Jason1979 and welcome to Expat.com!

Sorry for your friend.
Hope that you'll soon find some news.

Harmonie.:)

Foreigner deaths are usually reported to the EMBASSY of the country he entered on (many people have multiple passports - legally).

A male Mjolsness, Bradley Alan reported was dead on 2011 August 03. He was a US citizen. Aged 59. Embassy notified.

A ID photo of this person, who may or may not be the person you seek, can be e-mailed.

You may PM me for a few other scraps of info.

US address info: Aitkin, Aitkin County, Minnesota, USA

NOK-Parents: Lucille Mjolsness Jensen of Edina and Carl "Bert" Mjolsness of Richfield
NOK-Sibling: Bonnie Brown (F), Jeffrey (M), Julie Mjolsness (F) and Lawrence (M).
NOK-Aunt: Sharron Erickson

Additional Info (unconfirmed):
NOK-Father: PO BOX 23038. Richfield , Minnesota 55423.
NOK-Father: Bert Mjolsness (612) 866-8393

A memorial service was held < http://hoanganvien.blogspot.com/2011/09 … emony.html >. Bradly Alan "Ness" Mjolsness was cremated and his ashes buried Nha Trang and a gravestone marks the place.

Hi There people.

I have just had a response from the US embassy regarding my original post.

Does anyone have any contact details for: 

Hong Bang Foreign Language Center
28A Hong Bang, Phuoc Tien Ward
Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa Province
Vietnam

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Jason

the preponderance of small businesses use handsets/cell phones and they are not listed.

The language school is likely a commercial, unregulated school, especially in a small town like Nha Trang.

The nearest thing of a contact is the blog address I gave in my last post.

The name of this company doesn't appear on any business index for Nha Trang.

Jason - so sorry it has taken this long to see this and respond!

You may have found out more information in the meantime, however, if not I can tell you what I know.

I am Brad's cousin Cindi. What we found out was that his cause of death is "Unknown".

He had requested previously that he be cremated and his ashes remain in Vietnam where he had spent most of his recent years and had many many friends.

His mother, Lucille, who has since past away, did receive a package with pictures and a video of his funeral service.

It was beautiful and many friends attended.

I hope this helps if you are still looking for information...

I remember this matter. When you say: "What we found out was that his cause of death is "Unknown"." might have been said for kindness to the family.

The Cong An (Peoples Police) are 'in charge' of deaths, natural or otherwise, and there were fairly detailed reports in the regional Nha Trang newspapers at the time. Unfortunately, many of these newspapers were print only.

As you no doubt realise, authorities prefer to minimise such occurrences.

It's nice to know he is remembered for what he did for other people.

I am the sister of Bradley Alan Mjolsness. I recently saw this post. Please let me know if you are still looking for information,
Sincerely,
Bonnie j Mjolsness Brown

Dear Jason,
I am sorry I did not see your post until now. I am the sister of Bradley Alan Mjolsness. Please contact me if you still have access to this site.
sincerely,
Bonnie J Brown

Was in love with brad since 1971 and need to know what happened to him please respond to ********** if you have any information about his life after he left the US and how and why he died. With respect and compassion, kathy.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please do not post personal details here