Danang International Fireworks Competition -----Worker Visit

Hello All.

I will be fulfilling a long time dream of visiting Vietnam in April of 2012.  The purpose of the visit is to work on the DIFC 2012. 

I will be be in Danang and immediate area.  Does anyone have any tips for me?  I am a Canadian white male.  Is there anything to watch out for, things to take advantage of or just general advice.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure, if your equipment isn't home use, you check with the Tourism Office on the need for film permits.

Two reasons: Unusual activity attracts Internal Security Police interest AND a permit gains you access. I hope your passport says nothing about reporter or other news connected work. Tell tourism you are filming for a travel company wanting to promote the area and it's resorts!

Da Nang requires, as content, the inclusion of Hai Van Pass - best to rent a taxi or tour op for that as they know the area, along with Hai Van Tunnel and Marble Mountain.

Security whilst shooting (I presume you use video) can be a problem as you concentrate on the subject. The best/cheapest is to hire an English-speaking motorcycle driver (your hotel will help you) to transport you, guard your equipment and you.

The Hai Van Pass needs a taxi (use hotel) for the day for ease of access and security.

Read: < http://www.danang.gov.vn/TabID/76/CID/6 … fault.aspx >.

Your routing will best be YYZ>SGN>DAD. Eva has the cheapest flights from flights from Toronto. Eva transit over TaiWan.

Your SGN>DAD flight should be purchased on arrival. Both VN airlines and Jetstar fly to Da Nang. SaiGon does really get excited about technical equipment, the stuff I bring in after my annual trip to Toronto should make anyone's hair curl.

Visa. Enter as a tourist. The Visa on Arrival information is wrong/outdated on this website. Do nor get your visa from Ottawa, the VN embassy there is high priced and slow and stupid.

I will PM you with additional info within 2 days.

Jaitch,

Thanks for the very comprehensive info.  However, I am not going to Da Nang to report on DIFC.  I am participating.

The flight info is good, thanks.

What I am looking for are some more general, conduct tips.  I have never been to Asia.

If anyone has any tips, I welcome them all.

Thanks