Salary for Real estate agent?

Hey Friends!

Thanks for the advice on seeking a job! I have applied for a Real estate agent position,
I will find out tmor if I have been short listed! I know if I am, the next question will be what salary do I expect? Although I am a qualified property solicitor in Scotland not sure what I should expect to earn starting off in Bahrain? One agency said I should expect around 40,000 (£)? Does anyone have contacts who could find out what the average earnings are ? I suppose commission may also factor in? Not sure!

Any how! Any info would be great!

And Happy Holidays!

Keir and Karen ( in a freezing Scotland!!:( )

Have you decided to move to bahrain already? you do not think the political unrest will affect your move? why you are not thinking of other options including saudi arabia

Hi there!
We have always said that we will make a visit first, and of course if the right job offer comes up too, I have some friends already in Bahrain, and yes the unrest earlier this year is worrying, but I think going there and making an informed decision is the plan! And pray for peace and hope for success!

I have an excellent offer there but just been there last week, roads were blocked, people very tense, huge gap between majority shiaa and the sunna people, police everywhere, life is going on, but people (expats) are ready to move out anytime if needed, some have already moved, realy difficult time for people in Bahrain, certainly we need to pray for peace.

I have been in Bahrain for long, roads are blocked, people very tense, huge gap between  shiaa and  sunna people, police everywhere, life is going on, but people (expats) are ready to move out anytime if required, some have already moved, realy difficult time for people in Bahrain, certainly we need to pray for peace.I think you have to take the right choice first before any move .

@Samawal how long have u been in Bahrain last week?? :unsure
You notice all these things in that short time?? And in that time  all the expats were telling u that they are going to leave Bahrain?
:lol:
I will pray for you Brother...Amen

But the question was does anyone know how much a real estate agent earns?!!!!!!

I was there for a very short time 2 days, and few weeks ago I came for 2 days also, I have not met all the expats, but the people I met were worried enough. I have already signed my contract and moving to Manama in February despite the unrest, but certainly like many others I am worried.
If you know and see road blocks, police, and protesters even in the villages, it simply mean unrest, and difficult time for everyone, and like anyone else, we are hoping things will settle and come back to normal sooner rather than later.

To Keir & Karen unfortunately I don't know how much a real state agent is earning as this depends mainly on your experiences and on the company you will work for. But the range of salaries you mentioned is quite reasonable for an experienced expat.

To Samawal, I'm just wondering you have been to Bahrain for a very short time and you are very worried because of the current situation which is "Confined" in certain areas; however you have signed your work contract and will move to Bahrain in February but you keep stressing on the fact that you are worried of the unrest!!! You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you are earning in Saudi exteremly high salary; then you are making the wrong move and since you are worried why you didn't consider other Gulf Countries i.e. UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman?!!!

My personal opinion is that; you are exaggerating the issue, I have been to Bahrain almost two month now and I didn't experience anything so far. If you are certain of your move to Bahrain, take off the worrying coat and just settle in your new life and get it started :)

All the best Keir & Karen and wish you all success in your job hunting :)

All the best Samawal and wish you a peacful life in Bahrain :)

Regards,

Hi Keir & Karen,

Sorry we couldn't reply properly to your original question and your post was "polluted" with different topics :(
As it is now obvious that our members will not be able to give you relevant information, I can suggest you a little tricky but worthy way to get what you want :
Call the big Real Estate Agencies of the Kigndom. Tell them you are in the UK and you are a student or a journalist (student is safer ! ^^)studying the Real Estate market across Middle East Countries. Prepare various questions including the one you have and you might find someone ready to give you some relevant information.
Usually, if you show some interest at one's activity, he feels flattered and is happy to cooperate :D

Hope this will help !

Cheers

Olivier

@Olivier,
Sure I was off topic :sosad: but sometimes  some posts need a reply...
(OmG even the forum  in Bahrain is boring!) Well, next time I will not cause any "pollution"... We will leave all the questions for you Boss.
Merry Xmas (sorry, again off topic!):lol:
Anna

Dear Anna,

Don't put words in my mouth you naughty girl !!! :rolleyes:
I've never said YOU were off topic, my message was more targeting the ones who started coming off.
Keir & Karen were looking for precise answers and I feel like nobody was listening to them but chatting in their conversation.
I felt sorry for that and that's what I said.

As far as the needed reply is concerned I do agree with you!
I feel that everyone has his own vision of the situation but I'm more on your side of the street than Samawal's or Educonsultant's :D

Furthermore, we are always delighted to read your sparkling contributions so do not hesitate one second !!! :thanks:

Cheers

Olivier

PS : 1. I'm not the boss
     2. Don't leave anything to me :blink:

anna66 wrote:

@Olivier,
Sure I was off topic :sosad: but sometimes  some posts need a reply...
(OmG even the forum  in Bahrain is boring!) Well, next time I will not cause any "pollution"... We will leave all the questions for you Boss.
Merry Xmas (sorry, again off topic!):lol:
Anna

Dear All,

Very sorry for being the one who diverted the question off the topic, hope people will answer Keir's question.

@Olivier  Thank you for your answer! I am now :happy:... and inspired so that I have also a little info for Keir and Karen... As a couple of years ago I had also an offer in the field of real estate  I do know that not all  real estate agencies in Bahrain  pay a fix salary. A real estate agent mostly works in terms of provisions which  are related to the  monthly rent the customer (the tenant) has accepted.  Often it  amounts to 2 months rent. It is a very lucrative job (imagine if you, in one day,  let sign a rent agreement for a 600 Bd villa to at least 1 person...) but what if u do not get any customers in a month? Hope it helped a bit...(Sorry for not posting it earlier but the answer to Samawal was for me more urgent).
Good luck!

PS OT (Off Topic): How comes that Educonsultat was banned and now is he active member??? Did he send to the expatblog team tons of capa chino powder? LOL

Bye Olivier!

Anna

Hello all,

Sorry in advance for the off topic.
@Anna: No it was a temporary measure(until today). Don't hesitate to use the report system or contact us in private for these issues ;)

Regards
Armand

Well that was what us scots call a good blether!! Thanks to all and we will keep you posted! Have a great holiday and a happy new year! And make friends with as many real estate agents you can !! Lol!